Open Letter To The Boy Who Broke My Best Friend's Heart

Everything I Wish I Could Say To The Boy Who Broke My Best Friend's Heart

Do you even realize how much you hurt her?

420

Watching your best friend get destroyed by someone is honestly harder than being hurt by someone yourself. I watched my best friend go through a period of her life where she was completely heartbroken over someone and tried so hard to keep their relationship afloat. Eventually, she found the strength within her to realize that trying with him wasn't going to work, but still, I know her heart is aching.

There are a lot of things I've wanted to say to the boy who broke my best friend's heart...

First, do you even realize how much you hurt her?

Dragging someone along for so long and making them think that this time things will be different can be BRUTAL. She gave you chance after chance because she believed you. She saw something within you. She wanted to make things work. She had all of the best intentions. Unfortunately, you can't say the same.

I wish you knew how hard it was for me to watch you treat her so poorly. It took everything in me to listen to her and give you a shot. And while at times you were great, and I'll always remember those times, ultimately what overshadows every good moment are the bad things that ended up happening.

I think you need to realize that if you're not interested in really dating someone and putting forth an effort, you shouldn't enter a serious relationship. I get that you want to be nice and make people happy, but entering a relationship you're not really going to put the effort in will eventually end badly. It would've made us all so much happier if you were just honest and said you didn't want a serious relationship if that isn't what you wanted.

I want you to know that you missed out on someone who would've treated you right. My best friend is a total catch, from her big heart and willingness to do anything for anyone to her fun-loving side that's always down for an adventure. She's something that's hard to come across anymore. I wish you luck trying to find someone who will treat you like she could've treated you forever because I know you're going to need it. The type of girls you wanted to cheat on her with aren't going to give you that. Simple as that.

I want you to know that you never, ever again deserve a chance to hurt my best friend, and I think she finally realizes that. But if she doesn't and one day the two of you ponder the possibility of getting back together, don't. It's just going to make the scars even deeper. Things aren't going to change. Leave her alone and let her grow and live her life on her own.

I wish I could look back on your relationship and see you as a good guy. I want with everything in me to look past your flaws and see someone who tried but was ultimately just a little too young and dumb. Sadly, I can't do that. You hurt my best friend too much for me to ever see good in you. I hope that one day you change and can actually treat a girl right, but when I look back on how you treated my best friend, I don't know if I can truly see that happening.