To Anyone Who Feels Lost

To Anyone Who Feels Lost

This too, shall pass.

94
To Anyone Who Feels Lost
Blogspot

To anyone who feels lost,

Hi. Let me start off by reminding you that you are never alone. No matter what your situation is, no matter what you are going through, you are not alone. There are people in this world who love you, and care about you. Remember that there is always someone you can talk to.

We all get lost sometimes. Whether it's not knowing what you want to do with your life, or simply not feeling happy, we all go through it. We all get stressed. Maybe it's a constant feeling, or maybe it sneaks up on you, and rushes through your mind like a flood. Either way, stress and worrying are the worst things for you. Worrying--especially about things you cannot change--can, and will, take over your life.

The key to sanity is to stop thinking. Thinking leads to worrying. Worrying leads to anxiety. Anxiety is a hole. A straight shot down. The further you get in the hole, the harder it feels to get out. Worrying is an unhealthy waste of our time. Sometimes, to keep your mind healthy, you must turn it off. Your thoughts have a way of snowballing out of control if you let them. When you feel that happening, get up. Go outside, throw yourself into work, busy yourself. The mind is a powerful thing, but don't let it control you. Don't let it prevent you from doing things you want to do.

If you're having one of those days where you feel like you are losing control, one of those days where it feels like a chore to get out of bed, or a day where you have so many things to do with no motivation to do them, just stop for a second and breathe. Ask yourself, is whatever I'm worrying about even going to matter in a year from now? The answer will most likely be "no." Most of the things we work ourselves up over and lose sleep over don't turn out to be as bad as we thought they would. So many of us spend so much time being consumed with irrational fears, and realize in the end that we had nothing to worry about.

Though we all worry, it is not the only reason we may feel lost. Depression, anxiety, or other disorders can make you feel like you've lost control of your life. Remember that you haven't. You are stronger than you think. I know there is nothing more annoying than being told "just be happy"; it just doesn't work that way. However, you do get out of your body what you put in. If you try to keep your thoughts positive, avoid things that make you unhappy, or change your overall lifestyle, you may see a difference in how you feel. I understand that it is far easier said than done, but you will never know what works for you if you don't try. Don't shut yourself away from the world around you. Get some fresh air. Go for a run, take a cup of coffee or tea, take a warm shower, watch some stand-up comedy, get lost in a good book, do something you like. Distract your mind for a little while; it will help you gain the strength to move forward. It's okay to have a good cry every once in a while, too. It can be therapeutic to let your feelings out through tears. Talk to someone about it. Or, if you're like me and hate talking about your feelings, write them down. You'd be surprised at how much better you will feel.

Whatever you decide to do, remember that no one can control your feelings or your happiness but you. Surround yourself with people and things that make you happy, and everything will be okay. Things have a way of working themselves out, trust me.

With love,

Gianna