To All Those Women Voting For Donald Trump

In his 2006 book titled “Trump 101: The Way to Success,Donald Trump wrote: "Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building or a work of art, is not just superficial or something pretty to see." No one thought of it as too out-of-the-box then. It was just a man who was too rich for his own good permeating yet another female stereotype: that women were nothing more than objects to ogle at rather than take seriously. Later, in 2013, Trump posted a tweet regarding sexual assault in the army. “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military — only 238 convictions,” Trump wrote. “What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

I don’t know about you, but when I think of what happens when men and women are put together, I don’t think sexual assault. Trump also misspelled ‘assault’ in the tweet, but this article isn’t about his middle school spelling level.

You would think that when a man decides to run for President of the United States, he would stop making horrible remarks about a half of the population. Donald Trump clearly didn’t get the memo. His entire campaign has been riddled with remarks bashing women despite his rising poll numbers. Most notably, Trump has had choice words for Fox News commentator Megyn Kelly. His feud with Kelly culminated in his choice to not partake in the debate that Kelly was commentating. The feud started when Kelly blasted Trump at a debate. He was quoted weeks later in an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon saying “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions,” Trump told CNN's Don Lemon. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.” His refusing to show at the following debate was a direct attack on Kelly. However, it did little more than make the candidate look foolish. Backed into a corner, Trump refused to face an issue that he had gotten in trouble for: his disgusting language regarding women.

Women are more or less half the population in America today. What shocks me most about Trump’s campaign is how he continues to win despite verbally abusing half of the population. It’s hard to see why a woman would vote for Trump considering his language. Why put someone in charge who believes that one gender is subjugated to the other, and with such passion? How could women feel comfortable voting for someone that believes that their worth is measured solely on their looks, as Trump has shown countless times on his show, "The Apprentice?" He was quoted in his 2004 book "How to Get Rich," writing: "It's certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on 'The Apprentice' were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.” How could someone be the president if they so blatantly disrespect women and degrade them? This boggles me as he climbs in the polls.

Women who are voting for Trump, wake up. In fact, wake me up when this nightmare ends.