Titans To Release DeMarco Murray

Titans To Release DeMarco Murray

DeMarco Murray is set to become a free agent.

181
Max Pixel

The Tennessee Titans will be moving on from starting RB DeMarco Murray, team reports

A former Oklahoma Sooners standout, DeMarco Murray was drafted in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft to the Dallas Cowboys. The veterans best season came in 2014 with the Cowboys when he rushed for over 1,800 yards, thanks to the help of a stellar offensive line.

In 2015, Murray had signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, only to see his role be reduced in favor of Ryan Matthews and Darren Sproles.

Unhappy with his role in Philadelphia, the Las Vegas native was traded to the Tennessee Titans in 2016.

Murray returned to form with the Titans in 2016, rushing for almost 1,300 yards with nine touchdowns. Again, Murray would see his role reduced in 2017, in favor of former Heisman winner Derrick Henry.

This move shows that Derrick Henry will be the go-to guy in Tennessee, and still being young, he should prove productive for years to come.