Finals Suck: 'Tis the Season for Procrastination

Are you reading this to put off studying? Good. Keep reading.

14
Chapman University

Listen up ya'll. Especially you college students that are reading this right now instead of studying or writing papers. It's that time of year again when you start questioning your life choices. No shame in it. We all do that this time of year because we start to wonder between the Red Bull induced comas and the hand cramps if getting a degree is even worth it. You start battling with yourself about all the work you still have left to do and think maybe "If I don't do this paper, how bad would that hurt my grade? I could always just study really hard for the test and be fine." When I tell you that I have literally been thinking that all week, I'm not kidding. I can't be the only one either. I think at some point we just give up and start weighing the options. In fact it has crossed my mind that maybe I should just call it quits now and be a penniless writer living in a box under a bridge because that would be better than having to write one more paper.

Meanwhile the end of the semester is always ridiculous. You know it's gonna be ridiculous every time too. You know that you're going to have a mountain of homework to get through in a weeks time and yet even though you know the work load is gonna be crazy, you wait till the last minute anyway. Totally feel you. I do the same thing. Every. Semester. I tell myself every semester too that I will not wait until the last minute. I say every semester that I'm going to be on top of things this time. Let's be honest though, life gets in the way and by life of course I mean parties, hanging out with your friends, and Netflix and then Thanksgiving rolls around and you know you should be catching up on stuff while you're out of school that week but you don't. Your excuse is "this is family time." I totally do the same thing. Allow me to introduce myself. You can just call me Queen of Procrastination. I have been known to write papers the night before they're due. That includes research and all. Yet, somehow, by the grace of God I'm sure, I always seem to make an A.

What's worse, to add to your stress level that is already skyrocketing, you're broke. By broke I mean you couldn't buy a sick dog's breakfast, as we say in the south. You can't pick up any extra shifts at work because it's crunch time and you have way too much to get done to be at work. But you're spending copious amounts of money on Red Bull and coffee, and let's be honest, other unnecessary things too. You get to the point where you cringe anytime you look at your bank statement or your grades. It's like you play Russian Roulette with those two apps on your phone every time you open one. Trust me when I tell you I have been there.

On the plus side though, it's almost the end. Some of you graduating in a few short days and for those of us who are not, just hang in there with me. The semester is almost over and then you can go back to normal. You can start sleeping again and eating normally. We're so close to the end. Plus Christmas is right around the corner so pull through. Just pray extra hard for the next week that you won't lose it before the end of the semester gets here because you're probably going to feel like coming unglued. We got this ya'll! May the grade curve be ever in your favor!