Tips To Revamp Your Living Space & Your Mindset Within It

Whether you're working from home, feeling creative, or just wanting a change of scenery switching up the flow of your living space is a great way to change things up and feel like you're in a fresh environment. Maybe it's been a long time coming and a re-model is needed, or maybe you're just sick of being in the same space all the time. Either way, revamping your living space is easy and can leave you feeling more productive, uplifted, and excited about dwelling in that space!

34
@prosenkilde on Instagram

Tip #1: De-clutter:

If you're a hoarder and you know it clap your hands! Just kidding. But honestly, de-cluttering can be difficult and annoying to do if you have a lot of stuff. Start small by getting rid of bigger items of clutter like old clothes, old books, old furniture, and any lingering trash or recyclables. You can't start the process of re-vamping if you're hanging on to a bunch of things you don't use or need anymore. In this case, less is more! De-cluttering can already help you feel less suffocated in your space because you'll physically have more room, and not staring at things sitting around in a mess can help you feel more organized and in control.

Tip #2: Re-organize

Now that you've got everything you don't need out of the picture, the key is knowing how to re-arrange things and re-organize them in way that's not only conducive to the space you're working with aesthetically, but also in terms of functionality and placement. Try buying aesthetically pleasing bins to keep things in so that you can't see what's inside and can keep things cohesive while being organized and out of view, make sure to keep desks and tables open and de-cluttered so that you can focus on whatever needs to be done, make sure shelves and drawers are re-situated so that everything inside them isn't just crammed in there, and take the time to nicely fold things away and place them in groups that make things easier to find in the future.

Tip #3 Re-arrange

Once you're done re-organizing clothes, nicknacks, books, jewelry, or whatever else that needed to be relocated, it's important to re-arrange the big things too. Maybe it's moving things around to opposite sides of the room, putting your desk against a different wall, or move those aforementioned bins around to look more pleasing to the eye. Moving things around can give you a new perspective (literally) based on where you usually sit, rest, or work in a room so it can help facilitate of feeling like you are in a different mindset or environment. If you're already feeling the feng shui (the practice of looking at our living spaces and working environment and striking a balance with the natural world) of the placement of things in your room, then maybe avoid the re-arranging step and skip to the next tip.

Tip #4 Re-decorate

Maybe re-arranging isn't what you're into, or you just don't have enough space to make re-arrangement apart of the layout, but even if you want to maintain the same positioning you can always spruce up how yours space looks. This can be taken in small increments of change or you can decide to upheave your living space and give it a whole new vibe. Go for the minimalistic approach though, and don't overcrowd your space physically with too many things but also aesthetically with too many clashing patterns or over-stimulating designs. Try something like a fun new duvet cover, some wall art, or maybe some accent pillows. You can even play around with curtains, lightning, and even your bed frame. Take the re-decoration as far as you like, the more you change it up the more your living space will feel different.

Trick #5 Re-purpose

Okay so let's say you tried all of these things, and you're still feeling frumpy in your living environment. The last tip you can try is re-purposing the spaces you find yourself in. So, make your bed solely for sleeping or relaxing, dedicate your desk solely for work or maybe for doing your makeup, or designate a corner of your room as your newfound workout spot. Basically, re-purposing your space means assigning boundaries to what you do within it, and changing up previous routines that you would engage in while in that specific room or space. Most of the time, we associate certain rooms, objects, or environments with specific tasks or habits that we partake in frequently, so if you switch up how you use the space around you and what you do within it, you mentally can break the cycle of feeling bogged down or stuffy there and create a new mindset of a brand new place associated with new activities. This will help you feel more open minded, and give you an outlook of newness when you spend time there.