everyone should practice self love

15 Ways Girls Can Practice Self-Love

For the longest time I was very unhappy with myself and had negative self love habits. Learning ways to feel good about myself and care for myself was life changing. Listen to your body and put your mental health first.

58
15 Ways Girls Can Practice Self-Love
Hannah Ward

Remember you are beautiful and always take care of yourself, ladies!!

1. Have some me time!

self love GIF by THE TRIXIE & KATYA SHOW

It is so important to take time for yourself. Relax and do what makes you happy.

2. Take a bath.

relaxed oprah winfrey GIF

Bubble bath with lavender and coconut oil is my go to!! its relaxing and makes your skin super soft

3. Masks, masks, masks...

facial kabhi khushi kabhi gham GIF by bypriyashah

Hair masks and face masks are life changing. When you look good, you feel good. So take care of that pretty skin and lovely locks!!

4. Exercise.

dogs running GIF

Try to be active at least three times a week. It is scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins which is your "feel-good" hormone!!

5. Treat yourself (with your favorite food)!

excited ice cream GIF

My go-to treat is Bluebell. There is nothing wrong with indulging every once in a while!

6. Treat yourself (materialistically)!

Confessions Of A Shopaholic Shopping GIF

Buy that cute top you've been eyeing. Buy that purse you told yourself you didn't reallllly need. Get yourself some flowers. Sunflowers are my personal favorite!

7. A good mani pedi.

on fleek GIF by Marie Claire

When I have a fresh set I feel like a whole new person. Try a new fun color or try getting dipped nails. It's the best thing ever.

8. Be kind to yourself.

be true love myself GIF

Absolutely no negative talk. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you're beautiful. Focus on the things you like about yourself.

9. Surround yourself with good people.

best friends love GIF by TV Land

Don't let people negatively effect you. You should be surrounded by people that love you and support your growth.

10. Chose. Yourself.

It's so easy to feel guilty for letting yourself be happy. But it's not a bad thing. You don't have to become selfish, but put yourself first sometimes.

11. Go out!

man i feel like a woman girls night GIF by Shania Twain

Get dressed up and go out with friends! Perhaps it is high-time to put on your best outfit and turn heads ;)

12. Take a vacation.

vacation warning GIF

Sometimes you just need some time away. It doesn't have to be somewhere far away. Just take a little break from adulting and relax a little.

13. Self-help books galore.

baby book story reading GIF

I'm not much of a reader, but reading books about your current struggles really helps. Especially as a young woman, I really love "You're already Amazing" by Holly Gerth.

14. Pick up a new hobby!

hobby eating GIF

Start crafting, decorate your house, or bake cupcakes for all your neighbors! Find something that makes you happy and run with it.

15. Get your beauty sleep.

honey boo funny gif GIF

My favorite activity is napping. Rest your mind and body. Beauty sleep is a thing. Rest and let that skin shine again!