Four Tips For Your Early Twenties

Four Tips For Your Early Twenties

Four Simple Advice Tips

18
Four Tips For Your Early Twenties
E-architect

The early twenties were some of the most difficult, confusing parts (and sometimes still are) of growing up. It’s not easy having most everything up in the air and going through so many transitions in a short period of time. While they may not be full proof, these are just a few tips of surviving those early years and some tips on how to pull through the tough times.

1. Guard Your Heart.

The transition out of high school and into college is a time when you find out who your real friends are. Everyone is experiencing new things, finding out who they want to be, what they want to do, and dealing with the same kind of changes. For a while in my early twenties, it felt like a never-ending process of figuring out who is coming and going and who is really in the friendship for the right reasons. The tip is to guard your heart and always trust that the people that will be there at the end of the day are the people that are supposed to be there.

2. Be Present.

My personal struggle into adulthood seems to always go back to simply being present. Whether it is because of stress, worry, fear, or anything, my mind just reels sometimes. It causes me to miss out on being fully present wherever it is that I am. The main tip comes down to fully focusing on the people around you and not allowing distractions to dictate one’s thought process. Being fully present helps better relationships and helps people get away from the hustle of our rushed culture. Basically, we just need to put our phones down and listen to each other. It’s not so difficult with a little practice.

3. Take Ownership.

There seems to be a small misconception about adulthood; that all adults just know what they’re doing and that they don’t worry or make mistakes. The older you get, the easier it is to see that they do worry and they do make mistakes. They’re not perfect, even when it seems like they can be perfect. The best way to come back from one’s mistakes comes down to simply taking ownership of them. It’s not easy to admit when we are wrong and it’s difficult to overcome insecurity, but everyone is in the same boat. When we are quick to take ownership, we grow in integrity and realize that it only gets easier to admit when we’ve messed up.

4. Enjoy the Time You Have.

When it comes to life in your early twenties, it is so easy to get wrapped up in what you’re supposed to be doing, and comparing it to what everyone else is doing. The point is that every situation is different and things are going to happen for people in their own time. There may be a lot of unknowns in reaching your goals, and getting to where you want to be in life, but the fact of the matter is that the times where nothing seems to be happening, or it just feels like you keep hitting a brick wall can truly serve a purpose that leads to the place you were always supposed to be. Those times can end up being the sweetest times to look back on. Enjoy the unknown and take advantage of the free time that you have as long as you have it, because it won’t always be there.