Tips for Clearer Skin

Tips for Clearer Skin

How to avoid breakouts
7

Even though you may be past your middle school days of having an acne filled face and constant teenage breakouts, we all still occasionally get zits and the breakouts make their dreaded comebacks.

But, there is hope. Here are my top five tips for clearer skin.

1. Change your pillow cases.

Where you lay your head (and face) and night can build up with grease and grime from your body and any leftover hair products, clogging your pores over time. Changing your pillow cases once a week, or at least every other week, can make the difference!

2. Wash your face.

Though we all want to just plop into bed and go to sleep after a long day, make the time every night to take off all your make-up and/or wash your face. Leaving make-up on and/or not washing your face and sleeping overnight will leave dirt and oil on your face clogging your pores and causing you to breakout!

3. Stop touching your face.

Touching your face with your hands can trigger acne. Though it can be a hard habit to avoid, try to be conscious of it and avoid contact with your face. We're all guilty of sitting with the back of our hands under our chin or on our cheeks. If you haven't just washed your hands, think of all the nasty surfaces and things you've touched all day!

4. Drink lots of water.

Kendall Jenner said it herself (and apparently swears by this beauty tip). By drinking water and staying hydrated, you also are hydrating your skin. This will self-moisturize and cleanse your skin cells.

5. Talk to your dermatologist.

If all else fails, talk to a professional. They can work with you and your unique skin type and provide you with the best solution to cure your breakouts.