A Time For Change

It's October, and I've only been a senior in college for a little over a month, and I'm already starting to feel the pressure. There are so many different things that I have to think about now that I am about to embark on a new journey in life. Change is something that I avoid as much as I can. I always order the same thing on the menu, and stick to the hobbies I know and love. Unfortunately, this is coming back to bite me in the butt, and it's only October.

For as long as I can remember, I have always talked about how I hate change. To me, if something is fine the way it is, then why alter it? Well, now I am going through a million different changes in my life, not only in likes and dislikes, but as well as where the course of my life will go, and what will be waiting for me when I cross that stage in May.

Because I'm such a stickler in my ways, I'm not sure how to approach change. Is it good or bad? Well, I think that depends. Right now as a senior in college, I have been super busy with a million different things. I have to start thinking about what I want to do for my senior capstone project, and then I have like papers to write, and grad schools to apply to. That's not including all of the other stuff I have to do for everything I'm involved in, plus work, Anyways, my whole life I have tried not to let hangs overwhelm me and get to my head, but this year has been harder to get under control. I don't know if it's because I give myself too many responsibilities, or if I'm just totally in over my head, but I need to get myself together! This is a huge change for me, because I usually don't get overly involved with different things, and I usually don't take on more than a couple of leadership position, but this year I've got like 3 different ones at least! Anyways, this isn't meant to talk about how busy I am, its more to talk about how karma is finally getting the best of me because I try as hard as possible NOT to go out of my comfort zone, and this year, it seems to be all that I'm doing.

So, what I'm trying to say, is make that change. If you aren't happy with how something is going in your life, then go out and change it. Maybe you're like me, and you don't necessarily prepare yourself for all the change that is bound to happen, but just remember that there's a reason for it. If someone didn't think you could handle it, they wouldn't have put you in that position in the first place. Try not to get overwhelmed at first, because change can be a hard and powerful thing, which is why it takes time. Gradually allow different parts of this change into your daily routine, and don't forget to take it easy.

With all of the change that is going on in my life right now, I can't help but be nervous, but I know that I can make it through, and that someone is counting on me and believes in me. No more pushing things off, and no more saying no. Don't be afraid to try something new, and challenge yourself for the road ahead, because its those challenges that will get you the farthest down the road.

I know a few months go, I wrote an article called, "Keep the Change," and now, all the change that I have tried so hard to avoid is now what is encouraging me to go out there and do what's right for me. Because I have avoided these changes for so long, I never really knew what I was truly capable of doing, and now, I'm learning my true strengths, and I'm super excited about it!