The Time My Life Changed Forever

The Time My Life Changed Forever

There came a time in my life where I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life and that was the first day of high school.

8
The Time My Life Changed Forever
Facebook

There came a time in my life where I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life and that was the first day of high school. This moment in my life will never be forgotten and will always be remembered and cherished.

It was my first day of 10th grade and I felt unstoppable. I had said to myself that day that I could do this and high school will be the best years of my life and low and behold it was. I believe it was about 1:30 p.m. and I walked in to my last class of the day which was video production. First, I knew immediately I would enjoy it because I walked into a room where I was surrounded by Mac computers and I am an Apple fanboy. I took the class with my twin brother thinking how easy could this be but the teacher split us up so we could test our own skill and see what we could do on our own and I couldn’t thank him enough. I was partnered with my best friend who I lost communication with in the seventh grade and his name is Al. Once we started talking again about how we have been doing it was like we didn’t even lose connection. The teacher began talking about what this class was all about and how it was going to be tough but said “If you work hard at it you can achieve”. The next class we started plotting for our first short movie and I loved it. See, Al and I were very creative people and our imagination just ran wild so it wasn’t hard for us to think what we wanted to do, but we always strived to go above and beyond the standard. We could get a good final cut and in the end it was much worth it. After every single one of our movies that year the class applauded in laughter because of how funny our videos were.

The next year came video production 2 and it was nothing but seriousness in that class. See the big difference between 1 and 2 was that if you were in 2, you loved filmmaking and you wanted to be serious and produce amazing content which I very much enjoyed. Al and I started off together and then split so we could see our individual skills which really helped us in the end. For my last video that year my brother and I did a video together and it came out pretty good.

Senior year approached and I had already taken all the video classes, so I started in graphic design with the same teacher so I could work on both graphic design, and video. That is when I absolutely fell in love with graphic design. I loved being able to create a piece inspired and done by me. It made me feel good when I stood back and looked at my hard work and how it payed off in my grades. That year my teacher told me about this scholarship to win a Mac Book Pro and I couldn’t help but start working that day. I asked myself “what could I possibly lose”, and the answer was nothing. I could go into this swinging hard and get it or not, but I had to try. That year I won the Scholarship along with my brother. I felt so happy to know how far I have come in three years and how proud my parents were of us.

When I went to college I thought why not be normal and get a job in computers, but I realized something: I wasn’t happy. I didn’t love computers, I couldn’t be creative. Just recently I have changed my major to communications and graphic design and I can’t be more excited to start. I am glad to be back to graphic design and cant wait to see the fututre.