52 Songs For Your Throwback Tuesday Playlist

Pass me the AUX cord.

1108
Twitter

It's 2016 and I think we can all agree that we have a playlist on Apple Music or Spotify that is filled with music from the 2000s.

Ah yes, the 2000s.

The decade where music was at it's peak with catchy tunes and bands that we all loved. From Lifehouse, 3Oh!3, Jimmy Eat World to Katy Perry, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga. Let's not forget Jason Derulo, B2K, and *NSYNC. So now that I got that your little voice in your head singing some songs, here's a major throwback playlist.

Drops of Jupiter- Train (2001)

Train has many hits, and I have to say this is a top favorite of mine. I don't know if its because of the beat of the song and how everything just makes you act like you're in a music video or it's because "She acts like summer and walks like rain" just gives me the chills and is pretty much the line that everyone knows.

Stacy's Mom- Fountain of Wayne (2003)

If your name is Stacy, well I just want to let you know, your mom has got it going on.

Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani (2004)

I just want to say this song is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Yes, it taught me how to spell bananas.

Sweet Escape- Gwen Stefani (2007)

Another Gwen Stefani hit, this time with Akon. The "WOOOHOO,YEEHOO" is all it takes to get me dancing. That's it. Nothing else.

Lonely- Akon (2006)

Speaking of Akon, this song was just depressing but it was a hit. I don't know how to explain it. It's like I felt bad for him, but at the same time,it's like I was saying "I know how you feel Akon" with my 10 year old self.

Fireflies- Owl City (2010)

"You would not believe your eyes, if ten million fireflies, lit up the world as I fell asleep." No I wouldn't, but "I like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly." Although, this song is a one hit wonder, that's exactly what it is. A hit!

Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance (2006)

"WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY, MY FATHER TOOK ME INTO THE CITY TO SEE A MARCHING BAND" yes, you and I just shouted out the lyrics, and then just started head banging. Fun middle school times.

You and Me- Lifehouse (2005)

All I can picture in my head is the scene in A Cinderella Story where Sam (Hillary Duff) and Austin (Chad Michael Murray) are dancing at the Halloween dance and I'm just thinking hooooooooowwww did he not recognize her?! Besides that, I'd use this song to make a Flipagram of me and my boyfriend.

Down- Jay Sean (2009)

Everybody had this song downloaded into their iPod Nanos. So catchy and whats even better? Lil Wayne was featured in this song, just like he was in every song in 2009

The Middle- Jimmy Eat World (2000)

one word: Classic.

Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol (2006)

If you're a Greys Anatomy fan, well you know how much you love and you hate this song.

How to Save A Life- The Fray (2009)

"Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend" oh, this song is so sad, but it's such a 2000s classic.

The Way You Move- OutKast (2003)

This song got so much airplay when it released. It's a hit!

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)- Beyonce (2008)

Fun fact: This was Beyonce's way of telling us Jay-Z put a ring on it. Ironic huh? Another fun fact: this was the video that was considered "one of the best videos...of all time" but you know who won that award. Right, Kanye? *Kanye shrug*

Hey Ya!- OutKast (2003)

Can we just thank Andre 3000 for giving us this body moving song? I mean, "Whats cooler than being cool?"

Bye, Bye, Bye- *NSYNC (2001)

Let me just say, I was the biggest *NSYNC fan you could ever meet! I knew the dance moves to this song like the back of my hand. And I was all for Justin and Britney ever since she sang his part in her film "Crossroads". Let me stop before I fangirl all over again.

Milkshake- Kelis (2003)

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours" yes girl yes! turn it up! Remember Regina George's little sister and how she was dancing to this song? Well, she's my spirit animal when this song comes on. That's me. I'm Regina George's little sister.

Empire State of Mind- Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys (2009)

This song made me want to go to New York so bad. Still does.

Crazy in Love- Beyonce (2003)

"That's my jam!!!"

Same, Raven. Same.

I Kissed A Girl- Katy Perry (2008)

The song that started her career (even though she was featured on 3Oh!3's Starstruck), that got EVERYONE saying "I kissed a girl and I liked it." I remember shouting those lyrics out in the hallway and my middle school teacher thought I was serious.

Don't Trust Me- 3Oh!3 (2008)

"You tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't f*****g scared of him".

Oops, I Did It Again- Britney Spears (2000)

This is the young, sweet, innocent Britney I always dreamed of being. Now, everytime this song starts playing, I'm literally singing the lyrics at the top of my lungs pretending that I am Britney.

Ms. Jackson- OutKast (2000)

Just wanna thank Andre 3000 (again) for having me say "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, OOOOHHH, I AM FORREAAAAALLL" randomly in public just cause I thought of the song. Thank you, for making this song a hit. Pure genius.

This Love- Maroon 5 (2002)

Maroon 5 or Adam Levine and the rest of the band? Either way you put it, this song still gets played like its brand new.

Knock You Down- Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West and Ne-Yo (2009)

Kanye's verse is what I live for! And the video is asdfghjkl AMAZING!

Love Lockdown- Kanye West (2008)

One of Kanye's best songs off 808's and Heartbreaks.

Heartless- Kanye West (2008)

ICONIC! and the music video is everything. Kanye's creativity is one for the books. I honestly don't know anyone who can animate himself for his own music video. Or anyone who ever had the idea of doing so.

Hot in Herre- Nelly (2002)

If you ever said you were hot, there was always that one person who said "So take off all your clothes".

Where is the Love?- Black Eyed Peas ft. Justin Timberlake (2003)

This song was made in 2003. Crazy how this song is accurate today.

Yeah!- Usher (2004)

"Peace up, A-Town". Club hit, party hit, school dance hit, you naaaaammmmeee it!

Irreplaceable- Beyonce (2006)

Beyonce had every girl feeling herself, but she did that in almost every song so that's no surprise there. I was singing this song like I had a boyfriend at 10 years old.

Paper Planes- M.I.A (2008)

M.I.A gave us this hit and went, well, M.I.A.

Fallin'- Alicia Keys (2001)

The way Alicia Keys sing and played that piano had me fallin' in (not out) of love with her.

Bad Romance- Lady Gaga (2009)

I'd have to say, Lady Gaga gave us so many hits in 2009. Bad Romance being one of them.

Hey There Delilah- Plain White T's (2006)

I thought this song was so cute when I first heard it and wanted a guy to sing a song to me. Then I found out that this song was about a girl named Delilah. Sadly, they were never a thing.

Get The Party Started- P!nk (2001)

This was played at my 5th birthday party and I honestly thought I was queen. It just made me feel sassy which is why I liked it. Still a bop to this day

Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson (2004)

There's a reason why Kelly Clarkson won American Idol.

Wake Me Up When September Ends- Green Day (2004)

If you don't tweet "Wake me up when September ends" every September 1st, what are you doing?

I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At The Disco (2006)

"I chime in, haven't you people heard of closing the goddamn door? No" most original line ever.

Bad Day- Daniel Powter (2005)

I can't listen to this song the same ever since Alvin and the Chipmunks sang it. I mean that in a good way.

It Wasn't Me- Shaggy (2000)

Whatever the situation is, just say it wasn't you.

Forever- Chris Brown (2008)

Ultimate dance hit.

Move Along- The All-American Rejects (2005)

Middle school rock favorite.

Whatcha Say- Jason Derulo (2009)

Every girl sang this song with their heart.

Tik Tok- Kesha (2009)

I never knew what it felt like to wake up every morning feelin like P. Diddy.

Buy U A Drank- T-Pain (2007)

Bop. Classic. Hit.

Knuck if You Buck- Crime Mob (2004)

"YEAH WE KNUCKIN AND BUCKIN ANDREADY TO FIGHT" Juju on the Beat has NOTHING on this.

One, TwoStep- Ciara (2004)

A "Jazze Phizzle Productshizzle". Missy Elliot introduced us to Ciara and gave us hits! Made you wanna join a hip hop dance class.

Rehab- Amy Winehouse (2006)

I didn't know what rehab was and why she didn't want to go. Rest in peace Amy.

Bootylicious- Destiny's Child (2001)

When this song comes on, nobody can handle this. This song is the reason why my showers are always longer than what they're supposed to be.

Unwritten-Natasha Bedingfield (2004)

This song makes me want to go to church and sing my soul out to the world. Definitely a song played on MAX on the aux cord.

Bump, Bump, Bump- B2K (2002)

This is the song that pops in my head when I'm trying to fall asleep at 12 in the morning but instead I'm just "Baby turn around and lemme see that body go bump, bump, bump"