An Open Letter To My Forever Friends

An Open Letter To My Forever Friends, Thanks For Being My Constant Support

The rarest of all friends; I love you three.

813

My dad always told me that if you can count how many friends you have, on one hand, you're lucky. When I was younger, I didn't understand what he meant by this. But isn't it great to have tons of friends? I asked myself. I knew my dad was being honest with me, but for a long time, his words perplexed me.

Now, at this point in my early adulthood, I completely understand this little phrase- and I appreciate its truth every day.

College brings all sorts of things to the table. Relationships at home change, past friendships linger or remain, and life itself feels different, but in a good way.

If you go halfway through college with a few unbelievable childhood friends that you can count on one hand, I'd say you're very lucky, and I think my dad would agree. Lucky for me, I consider these few my very best friends.

Through the ups and downs, we have each other's backs. Whether it be our worst days or our best, we constantly lift each other up and feel comforted knowing that we have one another.

Your forever are the people that you're comfortable enough to call at three am on a Tuesday, or the ones who will send cookies to your school library when you're stressing over finals (thanks, Ru.); they're the people you can tell anything to, because they often understand you better than you understand yourself, and they're the ones that can make you laugh even on the hardest of days.

The appreciation I feel for these three is rare and indescribable, and that's one of the many things that makes our friendship so special.

To my forever friends, this one is for you. Thank you for being a constant support system and source of happiness in my life. Without you, my laughs would not be as loud, and my heart would not be half as full. Love you to pieces, girls.