I Asked 10 People What They First Notice About Me, And To Say I Learned Something Is An Understatement

Quarantine has got me thinking

125
Photo by Omar Lopez on Unsplash

So, I am bored in the house and I am in the house bored. During this time of quarantine, I have had time to think about many things; sometimes a little too much. This is a good time to really think and take time to relax. I have found my thoughts to often drift to my family and friends. I began to think about how I appreciate and love them. It got me wondering what they think about when I come to mind. I found myself curious about what they first notice about me when they see me. So, I asked.

1. Mom: I guess what you’re wearing or your overall appearance 

This makes sense.

2. Dad: your face 

Short and simple.

3. Best friend #1: Idk, I guess like your happy personality..you always seem to be happy to see me. So that's the first thing I notice...Not specifically your smile, but rather the pep in your step. If that makes any sense, lol.

I like to think I am a happy person. And of course I am happy to see you! You're my best friend.

4. Best friend #2: Your hair! And I notice your makeup first whenever you wear eye shadow and stuff.

My hair is one of the things that I really like about myself so I'm glad it get's noticed! And I love makeup! It is fun and sometimes I do some wild looks so I'm glad they get noticed.

5. Best friend #3: Usually what you're wearing I think. You always dress super cute. My mom says she notices your hair first. I agree with that too lol 😄

Another one for clothing! I am glad you think I dress cute because sometimes I'm not so sure lol. Also, another one for the hair. Score!

6. Best friend #4 (I have a lot of best friends okay, this is totally normal): Probably your face

My face again. Hopefully this is a good thing.

7. Crush: I’d say probably your confidence honestly. You randomly coming up to me at *friends house* really threw me off, not in a bad way like you shouldn’t have but more like a “oh geez I gotta talk to this gorgeous girl on the spot” 😅 but once I got you to smile at one of my dumb jokes some voice in my head was like “ *his name* there’s a cute girl talking to you who goes to bible study and goes to GCU and lives in your building, you gotta get to know her more!”

Aw, my heart. He's so cute. But really? Confidence? I find it interesting that this is what he says because I don't think of myself as a confident person but it is greatly appreciated.

8. Best Friend #5 (yes another best friend): your smile! You have a very kind smile haha.

I love this! People don't often think of the affect that their smile can have on others. I used to hate my smile, but I have grown to like it.

9. New friend: your eyes :)

This is a new one, and I like it. You know, the eyes are the window to the soul and all that, right?

10. Cat: *stares at me in silence*

This isn't surprising, but we can all just agree that he's just admiring me, right?

I think it is so cool and interesting to hear what others notice about you. It can offer some new insight or bring appreciation to things that you maybe didn't like or think of before. I learned some new things about myself through this. I encourage you to try it simply for the fun of it. Who knows what you'll learn about yourself.