Sunday Morning Thoughts

Sunday Morning Thoughts

Give Sunday a chance

25
Sunday Morning Thoughts

There's always been something so very comforting about Sunday's. Many people dislike Sunday's because it means Monday is too near, however, Sunday will always have a special place in my heart. When I was younger, Sunday meant it was mom’s day off, so fun stuff would be happening. Now Sunday is a mix of a family day, a study day, or just a lay in bed and watch TV day. That might not sound amazing to everyone, but to me it means something.

Sunday is the perfect day to put on fuzzy pajamas and bundle up in a blanket and drink hot coffee. It is the perfect day to watch a movie and eat snacks. Sunday means big elaborate breakfasts rather than your usual coffee and granola bar. Sunday means a dozen bagels, or a big yummy omelette, or waffles and pancakes. Sunday means apple picking or shopping or going out to dinner. Sunday is the day we feel thankful for the week that has passed, and anxious for what is to come. It is a day of mental clarity and preparation.

So this Sunday I challenge you not to think of the looming Monday ahead, and to enjoy it instead. Here are some things you can try to do, to make Sunday special to you.

Bake something. From scratch!

Watch a heartwarming movie.

Take a bubble bath.

Binge watch an entire season of something on Netflix.

Cook a big, delicious, Sunday dinner.

Go shopping and enjoy the trip instead of going for something specific in mind.

Have a grand breakfast that you can’t indulge in throughout the week.

Spend time with your family.

Change your sheets and make your bed.

Clean the thing you’ve been meaning to clean, you’ll feel much better once it's done.

Call your grandparents.

Sleep in.

Start a project you’ve been thinking about.

I promise if you give Sunday a chance, you won’t regret it.