Thoughts I'd Like To Tell My Guardian Angel

The years have crawled since you passed away, but I know you have never truly left me.

25
Just Imagine

It’s been a while since I’ve spoken to you either mentally or vocally, but I can sense your ever-present spirit. I feel most connected with you when I’m out in nature or when I’m driving in the truck that I used to ride shotgun. When I’m by myself, I imagine you would sit next to me and lovingly pat my head. I’ve tried my best to remember all of our times together and I hold our memories close to my heart.

I felt that it was crucial to write about you since you’ve been a necessary inspiration to my life. Remnants of your kindness and love are scattered throughout my journey. The mood of my day can turn around when I focus on your energy. My love for you has brought me closer to the ones that you loved and I’ve made deeper connections because of you. My brother and I looked up to you from a young age, but now you’ve taken on the role as our guardian angel.

The years have crawled since you passed away, but I know you have never truly left me. You walk alongside me as my guardian angel looking over our family and you’ve kept me from harm. I think you know what’s best for me and have worked your magic in heaven so that things work out in the end, even if you’re not here physically. I often wonder what would’ve happened if you had more time on Earth, but I think you’re still touching souls no matter where you are.

The time we spent together was happy and hopeful. I want to thank you for believing in me and encouraging me to love others. Thank you for lifting me up and taking me with you on your car rides. Thank you for being my best friend and making it seem like there wasn’t that much of a difference between our ages.

I loved the way you read books to me and sang campfire songs. I hope you know how much I loved you and I’m sorry I didn’t express it as much as I should have while you were here. Whenever I feel that I’m losing touch with others, I think of you. When I’m doubting myself or feeling lost, I sing one of your favorite songs. When I want to remember all that you’ve done for me, I take out my scrapbooks and look at our smiles.

There are so many new experiences that I wish you could have been here to see and I hope I get to tell you about them sometime. It’s interesting how a song, a book, a scent, or an object will bring your memories back into the forefront of my mind. You’re never too far off. I imagine that you’re smiling as you watch us and I hope you’re proud of me. We all miss you dearly and we think of you often. Thank you for tagging along for the ride. Hopefully it’s as wonderful as you thought it would be.