An Open Letter To My Person In Heaven

An Open Letter To My Person In Heaven

For the one we miss the most.

189873
An Open Letter To My Person In Heaven

Dear loved one,

Plain and simple; I miss you.

It's hard to think about how many milestones we have already been through and are going to be celebrating without you. Birthdays, holidays, college acceptance letters and graduations from High School are just a few. I still find myself picking up the phone to call you when something important or even something silly happens. You're the first person I want to tell everything to—everything.

Whether it's an exciting call about a job or an internship or to vent about people who hurt me, you were always the first one to know. I bet some people even felt out of the loop when they were around us because we could reach each other with ease. Most of the time, I didn't even have to specify what I was feeling for you to understand it. We knew each other that well.

Ironically enough, the only one I want to talk to about how much my heart aches when I think about you not being around anymore is you. It's crazy to think that I can't just show up to your house and find you sitting in your room. Often times, you'll hear people tell you to, “Appreciate the little things, because they become the big things." I wish I realized that when you were still here.

Despite this, I still smile cheek-to-cheek when I look at photos of you and I. The sounds of your laughter are permanently etched into my mind. I will never forget what hugging you felt like—it made me feel safe and at home. Your open arms and loving smile are truly what I miss most.

You are always going to be the first person I think of when I wake up in the morning and the last person on my mind when I go to sleep at night. You still impact so many members of our family and all of your friends.

Every lesson, story, and memory is a treasure that will be safely kept in our minds and shared with the people who love and miss you most. Take care of all of our friends and family who have come to join you. We love and miss you dearly and not a day shall pass where we don't think about you.

With love,

The one who misses you most