My Thoughts On the Election Results
Politics

My Thoughts On the Election Results

how I felt about Trump's victory

5
My Thoughts On the Election Results
Celestreet

The 2016 Presidential election was very interesting. In my opinion, it was the option of picking the lesser of two evils. However, it seemed as if people were not ready to have Hillary Clinton as the 45th President of the United States.

To a certainty, I can understand as to why due to her track record. There are people who are very pro-Trump, but not as much excitement for a pro-Hillary. From hearing and seeing conversations about the election, many people call for the abolition for the electoral college. Hillary Clinton may have won the popular vote by a small margin, but one has think on how Trump won the votes of the electoral college.

Donald Trump has won the majority vote in the states that he has won, thus taking the electoral votes from the state. It is simple, he won more states which is very surprising. As a person who voted for Hillary Clinton, I am concerned about the future of this country with Donald Trump as the president. He has helped create a bigger divide between the country. His victory has caused numerous protests and hate crimes and rhetoric across the country. It's not Trump that I fear the most, it is his followers who spit hate in the name of Trump and his Vice-President Mike Pence who I feel are really damaging. Trumps's victory does not mean the end of the world as I feel like he probably would not make a 2nd-term.

I think it is the time that more people should get involved in politics if they want to see change. Personally, I think Trump's victory was a wake-up call, and lets me know that America is still not ready for change.