To Those Who Did Not Peak In High School

Trust me, it gets much much better.

44
Facebook

Now, when I say someone who hates high school I don’t mean someone who didn’t like being in drama but still was friends with many people; I mean the person who dreaded going to school, who barely spoke to anyone, and who did not feel like themselves inside that hell we call high school. So to the kids that absolutely, truly, most definitely despised high school, I promise you that the real world is much much better.

Be proud that you are not someone who peaked in high school. No one wants to be the type of person that still lives in the same town with the same people and have changed nothing in their life since they were 14 years old. It is much better to be the person who has grown up and moved on in life rather than the person who is stuck in the same place forever. By having the ambition to go ahead in life, you are already far, far ahead from those who peaked in high school. You will be able to do much better things in your life once you find new people who will help you grow, rather than people who will force you to stay in the same place in life.

Once you go out in the world, you will still come across people who are stuck in high school forever. Those people who love drama and always cause problems will always surround you, but it is much easier to get away from them now. You will no longer have assigned seating or classes where you are forced to work with the people you despised since 7th grade. You will be able to branch out in new situations and form better relationships with new people.

Even if you have other friends outside of school, the real world is even better. There are more opportunities in life, you are no longer restricted by the limits of high school. If you want to do unconventional things in life you will be far more accepted by others. You will no longer worry about walking through the halls and seeing those kids who bullied you while growing up. You will make actual friends, not the people you were forced to be friends with through sports and classes. These new people will accept you for who you are, embrace your good qualities, and forget about the bad.

To those who did not peak in high school, believe me, you have the better of the two situations. You have more opportunities in life and are far less restricted. Embrace meeting new people and trying new things, it is much better than anything that any high school could offer you.