To Those Who Always Love More - And Are Tired Of It

I want someone to fight for me this time around

4117
WeHeartIt

If you're reading this, I'm going to guess that it's because you can relate to feeling just as the title says: "those who always love more - and are tired of it". I understand. If you're reading this, it's probably because you've felt so inadequate towards someone even when you put in so much effort and feel like no matter what - you don't receive the same amount of love and appreciation. You're not looking for the best things in life; you're not high maintenance; you're content and humble with the most authentic and genuine gestures. But you see, it's not even that anymore. There's nothing left there and it makes no sense. And it's been an ongoing cycle for so long, too.

So what is the deal? Do you show too much compassion and affection? Is there something wrong with you, that this keeps happening? Maybe you have too much love to give that it scares people away, because it doesn't make sense that people seem to keep on disappearing, right?

I don't know how to answer these things because I'm in the same position as every single one of you reading this. (if you can relate to it, of course, and I'm assuming that you do) I just look at this believing it is a blessing and a curse; a blessing because we are empathetic, spontaneous, selfless, caring, hopeless romantics who would do just about anything for their significant other. However, the downside is when those feelings aren't fully reciprocated, therefore we're almost always left feeling heartbroken and taken for granted - and when we fall down that way, we fall hard. Obtaining these kinds of emotions is probably one of the most heartbreaking, in my opinion. There's nothing more lonely and dangerous than feeling under-appreciated. I've felt this way many times. Why? Because I too, love more - and as Jess Day from New Girl says, "It's kinda my thing".

There is no such thing as "loving too much". I didn't have to ask anyone that, or read about it, or even ponder whether or not it's true. Even though people like us love greatly and sometimes intensely, doesn't mean that we've reached the "limit" on how much we can love someone - because that's just silly. After years of enduring weird, manipulative and overall toxic relationships that destroyed my self-esteem for awhile, I've learned that if someone makes you feel like you love more, that they're not your person. If you're tired of feeling like you try harder than your partner, there's something clearly not right. It just took me awhile to accept that, only because it was easier to blame myself and give up. It gets exhausting, and relationships can be - they should be; but not that kind of exhausting where you have to question everything and you feel like you're doing too much. If you feel like you're "broken", it's the other way around; why be with someone who doesn't show you half of the love, support and overall endeavors that you seemingly do?

I'm not telling you to have the highest standards in the world, but one thing that you should keep in mind is having the right person in your life - the kind of person who loves you as much as you do and will go to such great lengths just to make sure you are happy and safe. Find a person who loves all the little things about you, who makes you feel secure and not like a crazy person. It might seem like they're not out there, especially after being the one who "loves too much" - but trust me, once they realize how much love you have to offer, they'll want to share theirs with you in return.