This World Needs God

This World Needs God

God is the only way this nation will turn back to being a nation of love and have the respect for one another.

815
This World Needs God
Thevermillion.com

This world needs God. I know people have heard this before, and some might even be turned off by the thought. But this is the truth in so many ways. It is a scary world we live in.

We can barely go anywhere without the constant fear of being attacked or shot for no reason. We can’t let our kids walk anywhere alone, for fear of them getting kidnapped. Everyone has a number of reasons as to why they may go out and buy guns to protect their family.

Then, there are other fears such as the fear of the economy failing, the fear of losing a job. There are so many other fears that people have on their minds that it is impossible to name all of them.

God is the only way this world will ever come back to its senses. He is the guiding light that can and will lead us all back--no matter how crazy this world seems.

As an example of why the world needs God, He is the only one who can help us become more like Him as a nation, and He is also the only one who can help us stop the drug epidemic. God is the only way the use of drugs, guns and acts of violence can be stopped.

We can help spread the word in the world that Jesus is the one true way. We can help others come to Christ by showing His love through our own words and actions towards others. Maybe just one small act of kindness can help someone turn their life around to Christ.

Jesus was there for everyone while He was on this Earth, not just one specific person or one specific group of people. He loved and still loves all people. We can follow His example by loving others, no matter who they are or what they might be going through.

Without Jesus, the world would be in chaos, even more than it already is.

Without Jesus teaching us how to love others and how to be there for those in need, we wouldn’t even know how to show kindness.

Without Jesus dying for us on the cross, we wouldn’t have the miracle of Easter.

Without Jesus being born to save us from our sins we wouldn’t have the miracle of Christmas either.

As a personal example of how He has helped me get through tough times, I was born three months premature and weighed one pound nine ounces. I had a stroke as well. My parents were told I wasn’t going to live, but if by some miracle I did end up living, I would be mentally and physically handicapped for the rest of my life. They didn’t expect me to be able to go to a regular school or to even make it to high school. They sure as heck didn’t expect me to graduate high school or get my college degree.

But my parents and family members are firm believers in God and Jesus Christ and the power that He has over everything and over any situation. They prayed and believed I would be healed and have a healthy normal life. God heard their prayers and granted their request.

I used to be ashamed to talk about my birth and the stories that came with it, but now I feel comfortable and confident sharing the story. I know it’s a miracle that I’m here. I also know that He put me here for His reason and His reason alone.

There were times when I thought I wouldn’t be able to accomplish something and then He helped me to be even better at it than I expected. Some examples include college exams, thinking I wouldn’t pass a test and being told by a professor that I was failing a class when there was only a month left of the class.

Then, that same professor told me to quit another class I needed to pass in order to graduate on time, just to try to pass her class. Needless to say, I conquered both her class and the class she told me to drop out of.

In 2011, I decided to join my church praise team. I tried out in late May/early June and started leading worship on a team in July. I have been leading worship with them every Saturday night for almost six years now, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I realized I really missed singing in choir after high school and didn't want to let go of the joy I have always had while singing with a group. I prayed God would give me a way to use my talent to sing again, and within a month He did.

We need God in order to turn this world around and guide us in becoming the nation that we should be. Do you think He is happy with the way we treat each other? The way we harm each other with our words and actions, or at times lack of words and actions?

He has given us many signs in order to get our attention and turn us back to Him. Look at September 11, 2001, when the whole world stood together and united, regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. For that day and the days that followed the attack, everyone bonded together to help their fellow man. That is the way God intended for everyone to be. He wants us to be willing to help and be there for each other, at all times. Not just if the whole world turns upside down and we have a crisis.

Genesis 1: 26-28 gives a vivid description of how we as mankind came to be, and the truth that God exists. 26 "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Christianity is often referred to as the correct religion or the "correct" way. Some people may agree or disagree with that. Christianity is often described as a relationship that any person has or can have with God Himself. If a person believes that they are saved by Jesus, they can have eternal life. We don’t have to do anything except believe in God as the one true way that we are saved and forgiven from all of our sins. It says in the Bible in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

God is the only way that this nation will turn back into a nation of love. He is the only way that we will have the respect for one another. He is the only way we will make it through anything that comes our way.

We need God more than anything else.