This Is Not Goodbye, This Is See You Later

You will be missed, by me especially.

122
vrscout.com

What Obama's Farewell speech means to me is...

Depression.

Essentially.

"It’s good to be home. My fellow Americans, Michelle and I have been so touched by all the well-wishes we’ve received over the past few weeks. But tonight it’s my turn to say thanks."

Obama is not going to be my president anymore and that is sad. That is the saddest thing I will ever say about America. We are going from a legend to a reality TV show host. Times are weird. Someone who helped America get out of a hole (well, as best as he could) and helped shaped what we are now is about to be demolished. Not necessarily demolished, I don't want to be extra - but, it's not going to go any higher than what Obama has done for us.

This year African Americans were allowed in the White House. We have not been allowed in the White House since there's been a president. That was glorious to see. That was a sight to witness in these two terms.

It's weird to know that things are not going to be as playful and fun like when Obama was in office. Things are not going to be exciting and positive. You never felt a sense of negativity from Obama and I feel like we won't get much of that anymore when Trump is in office. Things are going to take a turn and I don't know if that is a negative one, but it's not a great one either.

Obama. The president who smoked weed when he was in college and I'm sure jammed to N.W.A when he was doing his studies. The coolest man on the block. The coolest person of all time. Barack Obama. The person who loves his wife unconditionally and children too and you see that every time he looks at them.

"This is where I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged, and come together to demand it. After eight years as your President, I still believe that. And it’s not just my belief. It’s the beating heart of our American idea – our bold experiment in self-government."

I had faith when Obama was in office. I had hope that things would get better and now I am unsure about where they stand. Saying farewell to Obama is like saying goodbye to a really good friend that is moving away for a long time.

You won't see them often and at times you'll think about the impact they made in your life. That is how I feel about saying farewell to Obama. It's not goodbye, it is simply, see you later. If it were up to the United States of America Obama, you would still be in office.

"If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry, and unleash the longest stretch of job creation in our history…

if I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people, shut down Iran’s nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, and take out the mastermind of 9/11…

if I had told you that we would win marriage equality, and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens – you might have said our sights were set a little too high."

While you were in office, you allowed my homosexual best friend the ability to get married. You allowed people to love who they want to love. You made us feel safe. We felt like a blanket of safe covering everyone in the world. We stood together. We stood as one. And, now we are more drifted apart than ever. Thank you for showing us what it feels like to be a unit - a family - we are "THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." And, I have no problem saying that until the 20th. I am the United States of America. We are. We were...

"But that’s what we did. That’s what you did. You were the change. You answered people’s hopes, and because of you, by almost every measure, America is a better, stronger place than it was when we started."

Thank you, Obama.

For everything, you have done.

You will be missed.

Farewell.

Full Transcript of the Farewell Speech.