15 Things You Miss About Home

15 Things You Miss About Home After Going To College

Especially living the "dorm life."

382
https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/1bf0f24e93d39aa7946252abe515dd4e/5C593A87/t51.2885-15/e35/39323461_2189939381245695_470581510580207616_n.jpg

You never realize how much you take for granted about your lifestyle at home until you move away and there's a lot of things different.

1. Seeing your friends and family

This might be obvious, but even that one sibling who you thought you wouldn't miss whatsoever when you went to college makes a grin appear across your face upon seeing them again

2. Being able to drive

A majority of college students, especially underclassmen, don't have their cars on campus. Being able to drive and jam to your music is something that's easily missed a few months into school.

3. Not having to wear shower slippers

Being able to take a shower with the soles of your feet actually touching the floor almost feels weird after having to wear shoes every time you shower in communal bathrooms in college.

4. Sleeping in your own bed

Whether your bed back home is the same size, smaller or bigger than your dorm bed, there's no doubt it's more comfortable. Especially if your bed is lofted in college, it's a nice relief going home and not having to climb up and down every night.

5. Not having to be quiet when your roommate is asleep

Even if you need to be quiet while your family is asleep, by no means do you have to be as quiet as you must be when your roommate is sleeping ten feet away from you. Even if you share a room with your sibling, there's less need to be quiet around them rather than your roommate.

6. Not having to wear headphones

Going home and being able to watch Netflix or YouTube without headphones is a bittersweet feeling, you can just pull up the video without having to locate where your headphones are.

7. Home cooking

Even though the dining courts in most colleges have evolved (thankfully) to have better tasting, nutritious food, nothing will ever beat your mom's homemade cooking, especially if you can put in a request for what you want.

8. Not having to bring your keys everywhere

It's a weight off your shoulders when you're home and don't need to continuously remind yourself to grab your key before you leave your room to go to the bathroom.

9. Being able to do laundry whenever...Or have someone do it for you

Even if you have a big family, you'll still be able to do laundry at almost any time you want, in contrast to college which can cause for you needing to meticulously plan out when to do laundry. Maybe if your lucky, your parents will even wash, dry and fold your laundry for you

10. Seeing your pets

Even if you didn't spend a lot of time with your animals when you were home all the time, being in college will make you realize how much you missed having a companion around.

11. Not having to worry about "quiet hours"

Even though you'll probably have to be quiet to an extent with your family being home, you can still play music and dance around the halls at 12 a.m. without an R.A. busting out.

12. Having stores/restaurants near you

Some of your favorite stores and restaurants aren't even close to your college, and if so, there's a chance you have no way of getting there. Being home reminds you of how much you miss walking the aisles of Target for no solid reason.

13. Being able to wear whatever 

Living with another person who you may not know too well, and having to leave your dorm to go to the bathroom or get food causes for the need to wear appropriate clothes. At home, you can walk around all day with spandex and no bra on.

14. T.V.

Despite some dorms having T.V.'s, the connection is probably not great and the channel options are few. Being home allows you to choose from a plethora of channels, or even watch Netflix on a screen bigger than that of your phone/computer.

15. Your city

Even though you maybe didn't appreciate it when you were there, living in a new city makes you realize how much you miss the place you're from.

New beginnings are great, but we'll always miss where we come from.