16 Things To Do In Tulsa This Summer

16 Things To Do In Tulsa This Summer

Ideas for when the inevitable summer boredom hits.

263
16 Things To Do In Tulsa This Summer
TAPL

We have all experienced that feeling of restlessness and pure boredom during the summertime. If you're looking for something to do in Tulsa this summer, here is a list of ideas:

Go to Josh's Sno Shack.

Josh’s Sno Shack has become an essential part of every Tulsan's summer. Even with multiple locations all over the city, the lines can still be a little long, but the delicious snow cones are always worth the wait!

Go to Guthrie Green for Food Truck Wednesday.

Every Wednesday from 11:30am-1:30pm Guthrie Green has a variety of Food Trucks, including anything from gourmet grilled cheeses to mini donuts!

Watch a movie at the drive-in.

The Admiral Twin Drive-In theater makes for a perfect date night this summer. Tickets are just $7 and its much easier to sneak snacks in.

Have a picnic in the park.

Tulsa is full of parks. Chandler Park, Riverside Park, Hunter Park, La Fortune Park, Woodward park, and I’m sure there are more. Grab a blanket or your hammock, pack a lunch, and enjoy being outside!

Ride bikes down Riverside.

The Riverside Parks trail has free bike rentals. The trail goes all the way down riverside, but its up to you how far you want to ride.

Go bowling.

Andy B’s has great specials every night of the week! Monday nights guy’s bowl for free, Tuesday nights it's two for the price of one, Wednesday night is ladies night, Thursday through Saturday there is a discount for glow bowling and Sunday night there is unlimited bowling, go karts, and laser tag!

Play putt-putt.

The Allstar Sports Complex has a great miniature golf course and it's only $7 per person.

Visit Brookside or Cherry Street.

There are plenty of great stores to get some shopping done and countless delicious places to grab a bite to eat in these two popular areas.

Enjoy some of Tulsa’s finest live music.

Starting in June, every Thursday night from 7pm-9pm Utica Square will have live music from local bands. The lineup for the summer can be found on their website.

Explore downtown.

More specifically, the Blue-Dome District! This area is filled with unique restaurants and popular bars.

Hike Turkey Mountain.

Turkey Mountain has multiple trails and is pet friendly!

Go to a trampoline park.

Sky Zone trampoline park has a lot of fun things to do other than just jumping, including: dodgeball, basketball and a giant foam pit.

Go to the Oklahoma Aquarium.

The Oklahoma Aquarium is filled with some pretty fascinating aquatic life and definitely worth visiting, especially if you’ve never been.

Go to the zoo.

The Tulsa Zoo is filled with all sorts of animals, everything from Lions to Penguins. The amount of walking can be a bit grueling, but luckily there is a train you can ride that circles around the entire Zoo!

Go to the farmer’s market.

On Main Street in Jenks and on Cherry Street there are farmer’s markets on Saturday mornings. Whether you go to buy fresh produce, or just to get out of the house, it’s a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

Go to a concert.

Cain's ballroom has concerts all summer long, more details can be found on their website. Ticket prices vary depending on who is preforming, but typically tickets are cheap at this venue!