10 Things To Do In Your Dorm With Your S.O. That Aren't Sex

We're not saying you can't, we are just giving you options!

31244

Ah, the hallowed college dorm... it's the first place away from your home to call your own. You make ramen here, binge-watch "Gilmore Girls" with your roommate, and navigate new sexual experiences in a twin XL bed. Hey, at least you have those few extra inches at the bottom. Whether you're social distancing with your significant other or avoiding sexy time because your roommate is on the bottom bunk, here are 10 other things to do in your dorm room with bae on a rainy day.

1. Have your S.O. do your makeup.

It's always fun to give your BF or GF a makeover or see how well they can do yours. It's OK to teach your boyfriend your routine, he has to understand all the time and patience that goes into that winged eyeliner. It's all about appreciating the art of makeup, right?

2. Order a mini waffle maker and make breakfast for days.

It might sound too good to be true, but mini waffle makers are dorm essentials that are easy to find at Target and Amazon. They are super small and can be stored easily. Plus, many pancake and waffle mixes only require water. You can make breakfast for you, your S.O., your roommate, etc. and freeze them afterward to make your own toaster waffles for the week. You can even feel like a little chef by adding chocolate chips, fruit, Nutella, etc. Easy clean-up makes this the perfect appliance.

3. Take a nap together.

This is self-explanatory. If you can't do it, you can certainly have a cuddling session and take a snooze. In college, we're always looking for a reason to sleep!

4. Plant a mini window sill garden.

Every dorm room has at least one window and if you're ready to be plant parents, you can plant a little herb or succulent garden for your window. Some stores, like Five Below, sell small plant pots with seeds and soil included. You can also head to your local home and garden store and talk to an associate about which species may be the best fit for you and get some seeds while you're there. Here is a list of cool plants to get you started! As an added bonus, you can buy small planters and customize the outside with your own designs and favorite quotes.

5. Decorate the outside of your door or a whiteboard outside of your room.

If you're feeling crafty or funny, head to the dollar store or order fun decorations online and spruce up your door. Feel free to draw inspiration from the season, a favorite movie, or whatever you love most. You can also draw fun pictures on the whiteboard outside of your dorm. Some students even leave markers outside their doors and take polls so they can make an interactive space for those passing in the hallway.

6. Try to draw or paint portraits of each other.

This is especially fun of one or both of you are less than artistically inclined. You can go for a simple pen and paper portrait session or kick it up a notch with some watercolor or acrylic paints. Either way, you'll end up with a product for each other that is sweet and intimate. It might even be worthy of hanging up on your mini-fridge.

7. Get competitive with 2-player games.

If you don't have any board games in your room, you can download games such as Connect 4, Mancala, or air hockey for your phone or iPad to play with each other. You can even send games back on iMessages via GamePigeon. Here are some other options for virtual gaming apps.

8. Scroll through your phone and share memes.

It's fair to say most of us are scrolling through TikTok and Instagram meme ages when we're alone. Therefore, it's perfectly acceptable to do it together and see who can find the best memes. Truly, it's hours of fun... maybe even a whole day of fun.

9. Order in food from a few different places.

If you're feeling super hungry and want to splurge a little bit, go crazy with your food ordering. You can order an appetizer, entree, and dessert from separate places on DoorDash, or you can simply go through a few different fast food drive-thrus to pick out a few of your favorite items. Who said you can't eat McDonald's fries with a Baja Blast from Taco Bell?

10. Start a TikTok or YouTube channel.

Without a doubt, you have access to a camera on your phones or laptops. Why not test out your acting or vlogging skills? There are always games to play or activities to do for content purposes! Hey– you could even film some of the activities on this list and start a channel with your S.O.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.