Things To Do Over Winter break

Things To Do Over Winter break

Here are a few things you can do this winter break to make sure it’s the most memorable one yet.

21
Things To Do Over Winter break
Abriel Joy

Most of us college students work really hard during the semester. Some of us work really, really hard. The problem is that we tend to get exhausted from the work and spend our breaks (summer, winter, etc.) doing absolutely nothing at all. I take that back. We spend the breaks making a new butt groove in our couch. While you’re on break over the holidays, it’s easy to get into a lazy mode where you sit around doing nothing with your days, letting them mesh into one long continual nap fest.

1. Apply for scholarships and internships

If there was ever a time to apply, it’s now! You do not have to spend the entire break applying for scholarships, but even if you devote a few hours to your scholarship applications; it will make a world of difference in your search.

2. Bake

What better to get you in the holiday spirit than baking? Your home will be filled with a delicious aroma and you will have a great gift to take to a holiday party or share with any house guests that stop by.

3. Catch up with old friends (and stay in touch with new ones)

Pretty much everyone you went to high school with will be off school for the holidays. You can use this time to catch up, relive old times and get the gang together to reminisce about the good ol’ days.

4. Exercise

Stay healthy and combat the holiday bulge by keeping up with a regular exercise regimen. You will feel so much better and more energized!

5. Plan next semester’s schedule

It’s time to get a jump start on planning next semester while you have time and there’s no time like the present! You should also start creating a game plan (study schedule, nap schedule, etc) for next semester now, before you get too busy to do so later.

6. Revamp your resume, cover letter, and/or essays

Whether it’s a job, internship or college application resume, cover letter or essays, updated documents are always good to keep on hand at all times because you never know when you might need them! Opportunity knocks the moment you’re least expecting it so it’s always best to be prepared at a moment’s notice.

7. Take a spontaneous road trip

Nothing makes for memories like spontaneity. And whether it’s a couple hour-drive to a nearby town or one that crosses state lines, it will be fun regardless!

8. Spend quality time with family

This may not be on the top of your priorities, but once school starts you won't get the chance even if you want to. Take a little time to connect with the family. You will be grateful you did later.

9. Hand write letters to everyone you care about

Handwritten letters are such a wonderful gift. With email being so easy and free, a handwritten letter really shows how much you care. Nobody will be disappointed to receive a handwritten letter from you.