Things That Lasted Longer Than Brock The Rapist Turner's Jail Time

Three months later a rapist walks free.

41
ABC News

Three months ago a court case in California took the world by storm as social media blew up at the rape case involving convicted rapist and former Stanford swimmer, Brock "the rapist" Turner. This rapist was found guilty on three counts of felony sexual assault, the prosecutors asked for six years. The judge gave the 20 year old 6 MONTHS in a county jail where he was only expected to serve three--which he did, before being released over the weekend "for good behavior". He may be out of jail but he will never: swim again, feel safe, live a normal life nor will he ever outrun the cruel, disgusting thing he did when he tore that young woman's life apart, and he deserves everything he gets. So, to recap, Brock the rapist Turner served three months in jail, and in honor of that, I have compiled a list of things that last longer than his time in lockup.

A school semester.

If you read through articles, he is referred to as a "former student athlete" which is why I mocked it above. He is a convicted rapist and people only seem to care that he is no longer allowed to swim. Meanwhile, the woman whose life he destroyed is trying to piece her life back together while her attacker walks free. On average a semester of school lasts anywhere from three and a half to four months, and he gets out just in time for Fall semester.

Any professional sports season.

Puck drops in October and the cup is not hoisted until June. Opening Day rolls around end of March or early April and the race for the pennant is not concluded until the end of October. Football kicks off in August and the winner does not announce they are headed to Disney World until February. Basketball makes its debut late October and does not claim the Larry O'Brien trophy until June.

The OJ Simpson Trial.

It was televised for over 135 days and lasted in total 371 days which is more than triple the amount of time Brock the rapist Turner spent behind bars. The judge was so worried about his wellbeing he forgot to empathize with the woman who was raped while unconscious by a man she did not know.

The amount of time it took to release his mugshot.

He raped her in the beginning of 2015 and the trial began in March of 2016. H is mugshot was not released until later that month.

The timeline of this case.

The rape occurred on January 15, 2015. He was indicted on January 28 of that year and arraigned in February. The trial did not begin for another calendar year.

Ronnie and Sammi Sweetheart's relationship

Low and behold, the infamous Jersey Shore couple that never made sense to anyone but the two of them. The reality stars were on and off for years on the MTV hit-series Jersey Shore, they eventually called it quits and the "staaaaahhhp it Raaaaahhhhnn" line was nothing but history until the two recently rekindled their romance.

Rebecca Black's career.

I think we can all agree that the dreadful career of the "Friday" singer should have never taken off. Good thing she never made it past YouTube.

The holiday season.

Christmas in July is a real thing--and it needs to not exist--but you just can't stop some people from listening to Jingle Bells while the sun beats down their necks. July to December is five months of holiday cheer and that is two months longer than his jail sentence.

The US election.

This process starts halfway through the current president's term, which is obscene to me. I mean come on, how can one forget the day Donald Trump announced he was going to run... It was the day I lost all faith in this country's leadership.

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky's affair.

How could we forget the infamous intern by the name of Monica Lewinsky and her blue dress. It took Bill 211 days to change his story from there was no affair to "there was a relationship that was not appropriate."

Kim Scott and Eminem's marriage.

Both of them. They were married then divorced, not once but twice and both times were more than three months.

Titanic being the number one movie.

It remained the number one movie in the box office for 105 days.

A suspended license.

Driving with a suspended license calls for up to a year in prison and sometimes exceeds that one year mark. This is often one of the most common crimes on the West Coast. Whatever the reason is for not paying their fine that leads to a suspended license they, on average, will spend more than double the time time Turner served.

Lindsay Lohan's rehab.

She has been in and out of rehab for nearly a decade of her life and during those years she has spent nearly 250 of those days checked into a rehab center.

Hair Dye.

I bleached a section of my hair in high school and it took nearly 2 years to grow out completely and that is his sentence times 8.

Getting back standardized tests.

It took me months to get my LSAT scores back and even longer to get my ACT and SAT scores in high school. It took me MONTHS to know where my future was headed. Meanwhile, this asshat is walking out on an early release.

Hillary Clinton's lies.

She's been lying through her teeth for years while she was in Obama's cabinet, while she was overseas, while she was humiliated after her husband's affair, while she entered the presidential race, while she deleted those e-mails and investigated was by the FBI.

Being grounded.

As a child I was grounded more than a handful of times for amounts of time exceeding his jail sentence. I even had my phone turned off for over a year in high school and you can imagine how annoying that was.

Tim Riggin's jail time in Friday Night Lights.

The hot-headed Dillon, TX., heartthrob spent more time in jail for stripping cars and selling parts in his chop shop. Granted, he was taking the fall for his older brother and he ended up getting released early due to good behavior, which is still longer than the Stanford rapist.

A marijuana possession charge.

A man was sentenced to life for growing and selling marijuana, meanwhile a privileged white kid pretty much gets out Scott free. The court may not have lived up to their duty, but trust me Brock, the world will not forget you and you, have just entered your own personal hell.

The hiatus between TV series seasons.

On average shows begin in the Fall and end near the Spring and do not begin again until the Fall. So that is roughly five months of free time. To put things into perspective, there are roughly 22(ish) episodes per TV series season, give or take a few. That is 22 weeks not including the hiatus' during the season itself.

Time it takes to get off the sex offender registry.

In order to be removed, there is a whole process that takes place, and rareky does not happen. Brock will be required to register himself as a sex offender for life.

His probation.

Upon being released he was sentenced to three years of probation. Three years of probation, yet only served three months. This system is so flawed it's sad.

Well played, neighbors, well played.

Kim Kardashian's marriage just barely missed the cusp, but wouldn't that be something if her 72 day marriage was longer than something, especially something of this caliber. I guess what I'm saying is the judicial system really screwed up this time by letting a rapist walk after only serving 3 months... THREE months, 90 days for brutally sexually assaulting an unconscious woman behind a dumpster. Stanford students protested against Turner during graduation and then his own neighbors protested his arrival back home. You had one job Aaron Persky and you absolutely failed the system.

*Arrow voice* "Aaron Persky you have failed this city."

I don't give a shit if you are Stanford Alum or Cooley Law School Alum; you do not deserve to serve the California bench, or any bench so take your shit and go.