10 Things You're Probably Taking for Granted

I hope you realize how extremely lucky you are.

26

We are all incredibly blessed in so many ways, yet everyday each and every one of us can find more than a few things to complain about. Here are a few things you probably don’t realize you’re taking for granted.

1. Safely arriving at your destination after every car ride.

Getting in a car is a scary thing. Every time you have to drive somewhere you’re putting your life at risk. Car accidents happen every day, but you made it safely to work or school this morning.

2. Your health and your senses

You can see, hear, taste, smell, walk, and you have two sets of working arms and legs. Your body is functioning and self-sustaining.

3. Health Care

Doctor’s visits may cost a lot of money sometimes, but at least you can afford to be taken care of when you need it.

3. Three meals a day

You may not enjoy every meal you eat, but you’re not going hungry. And you're not living off of bread and water, you have tons of tasty choices.

4. Free Speech

You can share your own original opinions and viewpoints, have discussions, and express yourself freely.

5. Opportunity to attend school

The human brain is an amazing thing. Not only do you have total control over your brain and your body, but you also have the ability to feed your mind with knowledge and learn new things.

6. Our protectors

Military troops, police officers, firefighters, doctors, government officials, etc. are all looking out for your wellbeing and often putting your needs over their own.

7. Heating/AC

Warm, running water, a fireplace, air conditioning, and heating are not essential to survival yet you have the blessing of living in comfort every day.

8. The ability to communicate

Whether that’s speaking the same language, empathizing, using technology to aid communication, or just the physical ability to speak, you have the privilege to be able to communicate with those around you.

9. A job

It may not be the most fun some days, but you have the opportunity to do your part in working for this society and to provide for yourself or your family.

10. Your friends and family

Material possessions and blessings are one thing, but having people who love and care about us is something we all take for granted.

Make sure you take a step back and count your blessings more often. Every once and awhile all you need to do is stop and remember how lucky you are.