Things You Shouldn’t Do On Vacation
Travel

7 Things You Shouldn’t Do On Vacation

Just enjoy not being home.

28
https://unsplash.com/photos/dGsQpNG2q6I
Mysaell Armendariz/Unsplash

1. Plan too much

Some of the best experiences in life come from living in the moment. Too many times happiness have been stolen because you were too focused on how things were supposed to be rather than looking at how they are. You're on vacation to avoid the stress, right.

2. Worry about responsibilities

Speaking about stress, leave it all behind. Whether is at work or school or home or even with your social life, take it off your shoulders and set it aside. It can wait.

3. Take work with you

Luckily for me, my job as a cashier isn't really one of those jobs that you have to take home to work on, but I will admit, there are times I think about how things are going and wonder how I can help. But honestly, when I'm on vacation, I try to forget and remember that I am on a beach or in a cabin or anywhere that's not behind a register.

4. Leave with the wrong mindset

To go on vacation, you have to want it. It can't just be an annual thing that you do. It has to mean something. You have to be excited; optimistic. If you're not hungry for adventure, the vacation will leave you starving.

5. Stay in your normal routine

Vacation is all about trying new things. Maybe you go to bed early at home. Try staying up all night in a city you've never been to. Perhaps you sit around and watch movies and read books. What about the movie playing outside of your hotel window and the stories you could be living instead of reading.

6. Avoid trying new things

First of all, you should try new things even when you're not on vacation, but let's be honest, vacations are what give us a reason to. Live a little. That's why you're traveling in the first place, right? New city, maybe even new country. Go skydiving, swim with sharks— do what scares you most and love it!

7. Most importantly... DIET

For the love of God, NO DIETING ON VACATION!!!! This goes especially for those going to the beach. Seafood can be deliciously fattening and you need no restrictions when you get to the dinner table.