Stop Asking Me These 7 Questions And Just Let Me Enjoy Being Engaged, Dammit!

Everything Brides-to-be just don't want to hear 15 minutes after their engaged.

170

I'm recently engaged to my boyfriend of three years, and it's still in the process of hitting me. I know many people say you aren't supposed to feel different and at first, I concurred.

Now? It's starting to seem surreal. I keep looking down at my finger like-oh shit, I forgot that was there. Despite all the tingles and butterflies I still find myself feeling thinking back to engagement day, I get just as many questions that occasionally take away from it all.

Let me enjoy being engaged.

Here are seven things to stray away from when you want to ask the "bride-to-be" bride-to-be questions...

1. "So...have you set a date yet?"

Yeah Carol, how did you know? It has been 15 minutes since my engagement and I already have the DJ, Venue, and registry all figured out.

NO. I DO NOT HAVE A DATE SET WITHIN THE FIRST DAY OF MY ENGAGEMENT. UP UNTIL TODAY I NEVER THOUGHT I'D GET ENGAGED SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME ENJOY THAT FIRST.

Anxiety is a real thing

Planning is stressful

It takes more than a day.

I think that pretty much covers that.

2. "Will I be Invited?"

Yeah of course. I haven't talked to you in three years, you have only ever texted me when you needed information or a favor, and I'm not even sure you know my fiancé's name, but I'll pay $75.00 for your plate and a guest.

No prob, Bob.

3. "How did he do it?"

Along with you asking this, 1.5 million also asked, so just understand how many answers that truthfully requires. Chances are if you don't know about how he did it, we weren't that close of friends anyway, and if you're aware I'm engaged, there's probably a post about it somewhere you're able to take a glimpse over.

Do you mind piecing together the puzzles for me? My brain is still a little fuzzy from the other 500 times I told this story today.

4. "When will you guys start having children?"

Oh, I'm really glad you asked Karen! So, let's see. I got engaged 20 minutes ago, my wedding is already planned, Steve from first grade is coming and bringing his guest I've never met, and at this point, I've told my engagement story so many times I forgot how it actually happened. So I'm going to guess we'll start trying tonight. I'll keep you posted though.

5. "So who all is in your bridal party?"

For the wedding? That isn't even a "thing" yet? Because. I. Just. Got. Proposed. To. And. Have. Not. Had. Any. Time. To. Think. About. Anything. Except. The. Same. Questions. I. Keep. Getting. Asked?

YOU.

You're in it.

Congrats!

6. "What kind of wedding will it be?"

With the extra two minutes I had in between filling everyone else in on the best day of my life, I haven't really got to create my full Pinterest-Dream wedding. So please do forgive me if I'm lacking on the exact placement of my centerpieces or what they'll be. I'll be sure to work on that for ya.

7. "Have you booked a place yet?"

Jesus H. Sharon, it was yesterday. How fast do you want me to move this along? Some of us are enjoying the ride before paying for it.

Relax.

Us bride-to-be's will get there..

Maybe just not as fast as you'd like.