Things I Need to Tell My Best Friend More Often

Sometimes "You're the best" isn't enough.

61
pinterest

I want everyone to take a moment and truly think about their best friend. You can probably ramble off a list of their favorite colors, candies, and movies, but think a little deeper. I want you to think about their interests, think about their challenges they have endured, think about what really makes them, well, them. Now think of them as if they have never existed. It might be utterly impossible for you to do so, since they are a major part of your world, but just try. Imagine what it would be like to not have one of the most cherished pieces of you. It is absolutely terrifying to think about isn't it?

We don't usually think about what it would be like to suddenly lose some of our most trusted and adored loved ones, because, well, we simply don't have to. They make up some of the happiest parts of our souls, and that's how they will remain. Though we may be so lucky to have these special people a part of our lives, it doesn't ever hurt to remind them just how much they mean to us. As I sit here and personally think about my best friends and all they have done for me like sitting with me for endless hours as I cry over a boy, for always being honest, and for always having my back, I think to myself, "How did I ever get so lucky?" The least I could do is remind you how much you mean to me and how amazing you truly are.

You are my favorite person to eat junk food with.

I truly think thats where we bond the most, over food. Cookies, cupcakes, donuts, chips, pizza, the party never stops. The amount of times we have looked like the little boy in Matilda who eats the entire chocolate cake is uncountable.The best part is that it is always a judge-free zone.

I will always gush over your accomplishments.

I will introduce you to someone new and instantly list off your resume. I've seen you work your ass off and I've seen your determination. You can absolutely accomplish anything, so naturally, I have earned the right to brag about you.

I will always have an eye on the person you are dating.

Wether it is your first date or your husband, they better be ready to deal with me. They are now the luckiest person in the world, to have you in their lives. If they bring you an ounce of pain, doubt, or suffering, I will bring it to them ten-fold. You deserve the world and every ounce of happiness in it, and we will not settle for anything less.

I admire you.

You have endured heart breaking moments in your life and have only come out stronger. You give me the strength to keep moving forward on a dark day. Without you and your strength I would have succumbed to my weakest moments.

I will support you no matter what.

I don't care what you do for a living, if you're happy, I'm happy. If you want to quit your job and travel the world, I want to know all of your stories. If you are ready to have babies, I will be ready to spoil them until the end of time. If you want to get drunk and be a fool, I will be there ready with a camera.

You have no idea how beautiful you are.

Both inside and out. You may constantly reassure me that I look okay, but you are the true beauty. You have a soul that knocks me off of my feet and sometimes so kind-hearted even I get a little jealous.

I will always be here for you.

If you ever feel lonely, or as if no one in the world cares, think of me. There is not a single thing I would not do for you. You give me confidence, reassurance, and courage, and I will do the same.