50 Things I've Learned At 15 Years Old

50 Things I've Learned At 15 Years Old

It's crazy to think that I'm turning 16 in less than 2 weeks, but it's even crazier to think about how much I've learned in my 15 years.

1292
50 Things I've Learned At 15 Years Old
Taylor Contarino

1. Life Is As Short As Your Pop-Pop Told You It Was. By that I mean- you've got to make the most of it. Live it to it's fullest extent.

And if your pop-pop never said it to you, well then mine did.

2. Do crazy, amazing things, because why not?

3. You don't need to be like everybody else.

Who you are is amazing. You were meant to be unique, different, and beautiful.

4. Do everything that you can to ensure an incredible, prosperous future.

Live in the moment, but prepare for the future. Be proactive, ensuring success and prosperity in the future.

5. Boys aren't everything.

Who's gonna pay your bills when you're older? Tommy? Nah, Tommy ain't payin your bills. Stay on your grind!!!!

6. Relationships aren't everything.

They really, truly aren't. Use this rule as you embark on your many teenage adventures. Will it matter in five years? Five months? Even five days? If not, don't bother spending wasteful time on it. Don't stress about things that you don't need to. Your future is the most important thing. So, being proactive for that is enriching and confidence-bolstering. But, stressing over if Tammy called your skirt ugly, well, that won't matter in five years. So don't stress about it!! You slay.

7. Education is the key to life.

It really, truly is. My family used to get on me all the time about how important my future was, my grades were, and college is. All the time I would hear how lucky I was to be smart, get good grades, and how lucky I am to enjoy school so much. I used to brush it off, and sometimes I would get so upset over how much pressure my family put on me to get in good grades. But now, school has become my everything, and I couldn't be more proud of myself and more motivated. Education gives you the power to take control of your life and to follow your dreams of success, and I am so grateful that I have access to it, unlike many other women in other countries.

8. School is extremely important.

And you should love every second of it!

9. Having amazing friends and friendly is important.

And you are so, so blessed to have them in your life.

10. Maintaining relationships even when you're busy is very important.

"Those I love you texts" mean everything, even if they come at 3 am.

11. 'I Love You' texts are important.

They can mean so much to a person. Take the time to send out these kind little gestures, because they can mean more than you think. They can even save a person, you never ever know.

12. You know who you are more than anybody else does.

The person that you want to be- that's who you truly are. You're amazing, loving, beautiful, and selfless. Even if you discovered it yet.

13. You've got to love yourself before anything.

It's the first step to happiness.

14. Do the right thing even in the hardest situations.

"There are givers, and there are takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better at night."

15. You can accomplish ANYTHING if you believe in yourself.

THINK ELLE. WOODS.

"You must always have faith in others, and most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself." Without faith, nothing is possible.

16. Try new things.

You may just find your passion!

17. Talk to EVERYBODY.

Everybody is good at heart. The bully, the nerd, the jock, the princess, the basket case.Everyone has something special about them... take time to discover them.

18. Be kind to absolutely everyone.

For everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

19. There is never a mistake you can't move on or change from.

Never.

20. Negative, toxic thoughts are hopeless.

What's the point? Stay positive, and good things will happen.

21. Having a strong support system is important.

Love makes the world go 'round.

22. Don't worry about what other people are doing. Be too busy watering your own flowers that you don't have to worry about theirs.

23. You don't need some people that you thought you couldn't live without.

You'll learn this gradually throughout life.

24. Some people are meant to leave your life.

Sometime's it's simply meant to be.

25. You don't need toxic people in your life.

God has a plan for everyone. Everything happens for a reason.

26. You have the ability to change no matter where you are in your life. You can turn around and switch paths at any time. So if you feel like you're headed in the wrong direction, it's never too late to turn around.

Absolutely.

27. Love everyone, be kind, compliment, and befriend everyone.

28. You'll never make a mistake that you can't fix.

You always have the power to change. If you want to change bad enough, it is so, so possible, and not far at all out of your reach.

29. Never, ever hurt others for your own benefit.

Everyone deserves kindness.

30. Be kind to everyone you meet, for everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

31. Read, write, and take pictures. Take videos. They will mean a lot to you later, as annoying as they could be to the people around you.

Memories last forever.

32. Work harder than you ever thought possible.

It will be so, so worth it in the end.

33. Never settle for less than you deserve.

34. You deserve the world.

35. Shoot for the stars. Even if you miss, well, you'll land among the stars. And from there, work harder than ever until you reach the moon.

36. Never EVER give up.

37. Hope is stronger than anything- fear, depression, anxiety, loneliness, sadness. Hope and faith destroy them all.

38. You are so loved.

39. Celebrate everything. Life itself is something to be celebrated.

Be grateful for the littlest things.

40. Follow your biggest dreams. Who cares if someone thinks they are crazy and impossible? The word itself... well, you know the rest.

(I'm Possible.)

41. Be passionately curious.

Learn. Educate yourself. Teach others.

42. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.

43. Learn about EVERYTHING. Get involved in every single thing that you can. Try things you never have before. You may just find your passion.

44. Take every opportunity that you can to do something that makes you happy.

Just say yes. Always say yes to things more than you say no.

45. Dance and laugh and enjoy as much as you can.

Life is supposed to be happy. Enjoy it.

46. Never lose hope.

Ever.

47. Even if you're breaking down and losing hope, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

And I'm here for you.

48. Believe in yourself. You have to, or you will never get anything done.

With confidence comes passion.

49. See the good in everything.

It's there, I promise you.

50. Life is so short.

You have to take chances and take risks. You have to live it to the fullest. If something makes you happy, go for it. Fight for it and work harder than you ever have before. Accomplish your biggest dreams and goals. If you believe in yourself, anything can happen. It's all about your mindset. You are so lucky to have this life. You are so powerful, beautiful, and stronger than you would ever think or know. There is no goal that you cannot reach, if you have faith in yourself and see the beauty of your dreams. If nobody believes in you- that does not matter. As long as you believe in yourself, anything can happen. Work so hard that you get exactly where you want to be. Los Angeles, New York City, Paris, Rome, Nashville, Milan,Washington D.C., the Moon. If you think about it, life has no primary purpose. It's simply about being happy, discovering yourself, finding your passion, and changing the world. Be amazing, follow your passion, do crazy things. Be yourself. Never let anyone stop you- you can change the world.