25 Things to be Happy About

25 Things to be Happy About

We could all use a little extra happiness.

79
25 Things to be Happy About

Something that I've learned over the last few years is that you can never be too happy. While there are people who are going to try and bring you down, there is nothing wrong with you focusing on the things that bring you up. So, in honor of that, I made a list (with the help of a few lovely people...thanks guys!) of 25 things to make you happy on any given day.

1. Checking off a bucket list item.

Nothing feels better than doing that thing that you've always wanted to.

2. Family

Family is really important to me and, no matter how many times they get on my nerves, they make me super happy.

3. Friends (both actual friends and the TV show...)

"I'll be there for you..."

4. Dogs

Is there anything better than a cute puppy?!

5. Cats

I love cats. They also love you--no matter what other people try to tell you.

6. Flowers

Getting a beautiful flower can make you super happy on a bad day.

7. Writing

For any fellow Odyssey creators and bloggers out there--you know that writing can make you smile wide. Writer's block is real, and it sucks.

8. Your Favorite Song

Is it even your favorite song if it doesn't make you happy?

9. Niall Horan

This one is a little personal, but c'mon, he's adorable and super talented.

10. The Beach

Sandy shores and salty hair--what more could you ask for?

11. Your Favorite Band or Musician

Seeing them live is probably one of the happiest days of your life.

12. Checking that final assignment off of your to-do list.

Life is hard and we should celebrate each of our accomplishments.

13. A really good night's sleep.

Sleep is good, but great sleep is even better.

14. Being successful in something-- anything!

Who doesn't want to be successful?

15. The fact that pugs exist.

I know I've mentioned dogs, but Michelle mentioned pugs to me and you can't be sad when looking at that face.

17. A warm cup of tea on a rainy day.

I love tea. I don't love rain as much, but if you pair the two together it's the perfect recipe for a happy day.

18. Rainy days when you don't have anything to do.

Nothing is better than curling up with that hot cup of tea and Netflix, and just wasting the day away.

19. The smell of an Iced Caramel Macchiato.

I don't drink coffee, but Michelle does.

20. Weenie Dogs

Cute, cute, cute!

21. Lying in freshly cut grass on a warm, sunny day.

The smell. The warmth. The relaxation.

22. Cheesecake

Um, yum!

23. Going to concerts!

You may ask yourself, "How can I be happy knowing that I'm broke from all of these concerts?" Well, friend, I say, "It's worth it!" Going to a concert and seeing an artist you love is definitely grounds for being happy no matter what.

24. Spending time with your best friend.

Thanks to Michelle at Arlington, Virgina, Rachel at Disney College Program and Sarah at Murray State University for helping me come up with some more reasons to be happy! Sometimes being happy takes a little work, but I promise you that with some positive thinking and some wonderful friends you'll find some reasons to be happy in no time.