Things you control that can make you happier

12 Things To Remember That You Control To Live A Happier Life Each Day

A lot of the time you are your biggest enemy, these are just some reminders that you truly do control how you feel every day.

33

I know that I am not always the most positive or optimistic when it comes to trying new things or meeting new people, but I have come up with a short list to remind me that I can change the way I see certain situations. I can control who I surround myself with on a daily basis and what I eat or how much I work out. Remembering these simple things help me live a happier life each day and I hope they can do the same for you.

1. How seriously you take life

Personally, I am the worst at this. I take life way too seriously, but they do say the first step is admitting it. You really only get one chance at it, so don't miss out on opportunities or experiences because it's out of character for you. Try new things and laugh at yourself every once in a while.

2. Who you hang out with

Cannot stress this enough. You control who you hang out with, so if they're not good for you or your health then don't hang out with them. I promise they are not worth your happiness.

3. Your effort

If you're not satisfied with something in your life, take a step back and ask yourself if there is anything more that you can do to make it better. If you believe there is no more effort to possibly be given by you, then remove that situation from your life if possible, or at least put it on the back burner and focus on more important things.

4. How personally you take things

There is nothing wrong with being sensitive, but when it's effecting your mental health, it's a problem. Not every rude or snide comment made towards you needs a reaction. Growing a thicker skin and not letting the little things get to you is totally in your control and might be one the best things you can do for yourself.

5. What you believe

You control your beliefs and while others may not agree with them, you hold strong. Don't let the opposing belief get into your head and act as fuel to a fire. There is no need to argue your belief and get yourself worked up and angry if nothing is going to be solved in the end.

6. Your priorities

You choose what is most important to you. Make sure whatever you choose to prioritize, you're actually putting first. Saying you're going to do something versus actually doing something are very different things.

7. How kind you are

Karma is real. If you're spreading kindness, it will find its way back to you. Just don't forget that you control how kind you are to others and how you treat them will be a direct reflection of how they treat you.

8. What you eat

This is huge. If you're not happy with your appearance or you just don't feel good after eating, then change your diet. You control what you put into your body, so choose wisely and healthy.

9. What you talk about

You're the only one who keeps bringing up that break up from four years ago for everyone to remember and it still makes you feel bad about yourself. Control yourself and talk about more positive times in your life.

10. What you think about

This one is tough because sometimes your mind wanders and you find yourself way over thinking a situation that would never even happen. The only way to really get control of your thoughts is making the positive ones just a little more over whelming than the negative ones.

11. How open minded you are

Seriously, the more open minded you the more experienced and cultured and educated you are. There are some things you just have to try in life and letting go and being a little optimistic could change your life. You control how open minded you are and what you're willing to try, don't miss out on something because you were too afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

12. Your happiness

At the end of the day, it's your happiness that matters. If you're not happy, start thinking of ways to change small things in your life to achieve happiness. You are the only one who can truly control the way you feel, don't forget that.