Sometimes we don't say out loud the things that really matter. And we definitely don't end up saying them to our little brothers. We watch them grow up in front of our eyes and never say what we really want to, because getting sappy with your brothers means letting out all of these memories of mischief and fun. And suddenly there's so many memories that you can barely handle all the melancholic feelings of both the good and bad times you've had, and you just have to tell your brothers everything you've never said.
1. When I tell you to "grow up", I don't really mean it.
2. I'm sorry for sitting on the remote or putting it down my shirt so you couldn't get it.
3. Sometimes, I genuinely want to hang out with you, even if you are eight years younger than me.
4. I'm sorry for ever embarrassing you in front of your friends...
5. And calling you names (like "Germ")...
6. And punching you in the stomach when I got too mad.
7. You're the best partner in crime.
8. I'm sorry I laughed at you when you fell down the stairs...
9. And I'm sorry for not helping you with your bloody nose afterwards.
10. Thanks for taking the blame for some of the things I did...
11. Like when I got chocolate on mom's white tablecloth and you said it was your fault.
12. Your grades in school aren't the most important thing...
13. WHO YOU ARE is the most important thing.
14. Thanks for letting me borrow your sweater...for five years.
15. No matter what you do, you know I have your back.
16. Thank you for giving me all-access to your fancy headphones...
17. And for not getting mad when I accidentally broke them.
18. I'm sorry for getting mad every time you came into my room...
19. And for every time I barged into yours.
20. I'm basically half a parent to you.
21. Yes, I embarrass you on purpose.
22. I boss you around because I have your best interest at heart.
23. I'm sorry I made you play with Barbies (even though you secretly liked it).
24. I'm proud of you for knowing who you want to be.
25. You make me the happiest sister.
26. Thank you for never really judging me.
27. And even though I never say it, you know how much I love you.