There’s More To Life Than Being In A Relationship

This one is for the girls whose long-term plans are bigger than having a boyfriend.

1786
Wikipedia.com

A lot of people in this generation are more concerned with having a significant other and being “goals” with him or her. And while there’s nothing wrong with that, and I’m not judging, but to me right now in this moment, there are better and more important things than being in a relationship.

My short-term goal is to graduate from college. This fall I’ll be starting my final year of undergrad and I am more than determined to finish off my last two semesters of college strong. There will be nothing and I mean nothing standing in my way of getting my diploma.

After I graduate college is when I begin to work on my long-term goals. There is nothing more I want than to live in work in New York City. Obviously, New York is an extremely expensive place to work so I plan on applying to jobs early and working full-time in my home state for at least a year saving up money so that I can move to an extremely small studio apartment in NYC and hopefully starting a job as a social media strategist.

While all of this is going on, I personally don’t see the time where I am able to meet someone new, get to know him, and do all that extra stuff that comes with being in a relationship. Call me selfish, but right now I am just trying to focus on me. And it’s not that I’m against the idea of being in a relationship, because I’m not, but I’m just not about forcing one to happen. And that’s how I feel a lot of women in this generation are. I personally do not believe in going out and searching for someone, if it’s meant to be then it’s meant to be. Others may feel differently and that’s ok, but this is how I feel. I feel like as a women I am expected to be married by a certain age and then have kids soon after, but I have other plans for my life. Big plans for my life.