4 Types Of People You Should Let Go Of Immediately

Sometimes we need to let people leave our lives, that is fine.

570

When is it time to let someone go? This is a question that will plague everyone at least once in their lifetime. Usually, we think about this in regards to friendships but this is something that can span to lovers and family members as well. When is it time to let someone go?

The connection isn’t there.

Sometimes, the connection is not there anymore. That is perfectly fine and there is no shame in that. There can be plenty of reasons why the connect simply dies away. People can move, some only have connections because of school or work, and sometimes you simply are drawn to a different type of crowd.

All of that is perfectly fine because it is a sign of you changing. And maybe one day you can look back on the times had and use social media to reconnect. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t but no matter what happens, that link will always be a part of you.

The relationship is too toxic.

The hardest one I think to let go is the toxic relationship. These relations can be anyone and everyone; your family, your friends, a lover, or even a career. All of these things can be too much of a negative space and it can cloud your mind and heart.

Sometimes it is these relationships that are the worst because we try our best to fix it. We think that if we change ourselves for someone or help them through a struggle they claim to have, the relationship will end up stronger than before.

But this isn’t the case most of the time. You cannot change people who do not wish to change and you should never change yourself to fit into a narrative of someone who doesn’t deserve you. You deserve to find your own happiness and letting this relationship go will help you in finding it. Even if you feel like a failure now, even if you are full of regret; it will work out in the end.

No one wants to fix it what is broken.

You, the other second person or both of you noticed it. Someone said something or did something and it became apparent there was something wrong.

Maybe the romance was fading or you noticed that the second person is making comments that are less than pleasant. Perhaps it is something on your end that needs to be changed.

You are stuck in a dead end job with no encouragement to move forward or you start to lash out at others for little to no reason. And despite all of these problems, neither party want to fix it. They think everything is perfect and fine, or they fear the eventual change that can ruin it all.

This is similar to the toxic relationship because it is a form of toxic behavior. Human beings need to grow and develop, it is simply how we are. If we fear change too much or worry how change will ruin a relationship too much and you cling to a simple concept that is starting to fade in front of you; perhaps that is the sign to let go.

You are not allowed the change to breathe, you may be constricting your other person. Realize it is sometimes best to give others space, even if it can be permanent.

You have nothing else to learn.

Sometimes we have people come into our lives to help us learn a specific lesson or grow in a different way. The friend who will help you speak your mind, the lover that will teach you to love yourself are some of those life lessons type of people.

Sometimes these relationships can still be stable with no fear of crumbling away; the problem is that it becomes to stagnant. Nothing is moving forward or backward to bring up a need for change. It simply exists. Now these relationships don’t necessarily have to be abandoned, they can still be worthwhile links in your life.

But it is these relationships that help us realize we need something new, a fresh start. It is this type of bond that reminds you that we are not meant to be static, we are meant to always evolve and keep moving forward.

There comes a time in everyone’s life when you need to let things go. There are a plethora of different sayings that embrace this sometimes somber moment. The most popular is a quote from an unknown that states, “If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.” It means that sometimes things aren’t meant to be forever, and if it isn’t it is fine. If it is meant to be it will find away, otherwise leave it be.