When The Going Gets Tough...

When The Going Gets Tough...

The tough get their sh*t together.

23
When The Going Gets Tough...
CharliePage

It’s no secret that college is hard and that classes are not like they were in high school. It’s easy to seem like you have it all together and that you’re “adulting” the right way, but let’s face it – none of us know what the hell we’re doing. Guess what? That’s okay. How much do you wanna bet your parents didn’t have a single clue about how to be a grown up when they were 18? I’d bet the $2.57 sitting in my bank account right now, because chances are they didn’t. If you’re struggling in school, or making money, or just grappling with life in general, fear not. You need to remember that you are in control of your situation at all times. That’s right, I said what I said. You are the only person capable of turning everything around. You’ve got the entire world and its resources at your fingertips…take advantage! If you’re at university and you haven’t been doing so hot, good news: it’s midterms! That means you have half a semester left to get your sh*t together and show those professors who’s boss.

Your university has resources available to you in order to accommodate your success, so use them. If your professor can’t teach, or is not helpful, find someone who took the class before you and ask them questions, or maybe look up the topics online – I’m sure someone published some sort of helpful content. Say you’re struggling with friends. Find organizations that share the same interests and passion that you do, you would be surprised. Again, I repeat: you are in control of your situation at all times. Don’t let outside forces direct the outcome of your success, you and only you are allowed to determine that. You need to go about solving the problem with a clear mind, if you’re flustered and frustrated nothing is going to get done. You are well within your rights to be upset, but dwelling won’t ameliorate your predicament. Accept the circumstances, and do everything in your power to settle things.

There are no words that I feel are more fitting to sum up this article than those from the 2009 smash hit “Nobody’s Perfect” by the one and only, Hannah Montana.

“Next time you feel like... it's just one of those days... when you just can't seem to win. If things don't turn out the way you plan, FIGURE SOMETHING ELSE OUT! Don't stay down! Try again! YEAH!”

Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days, just don’t let those days define you and your future.