The Things I Would Tell My Younger Self

The Things I Would Tell My Younger Self

If I ever had a set of instructions for my life, this is what I would follow.
17

I could say that there is a lot of things that I wish I knew, and still wish to know as I go through what is called my life. At times, I wish that life was much easier, and that I didn't have to go through constant setbacks (I'm not undermining anyone, as we all do go through setbacks). I kinda wish I was more prepared for life, but I can't really say that because life, in a general sense, doesn't come with a set of instructions. Although, if I had the chance to go back and fix things, these are the things I would tell my younger self.

1. Don't change just because people have broken you down. They are probably more broken than you are, and don't know how to handle themselves.

2. Always guard your heart. It is too precious to be toyed with, or hurt time and time again.

3. No matter what is thrown at you, don't hold bitterness in your heart. Just live.

4. Forget those who betray you and hurt you consistently. They don't deserve you.

5. You can move on from circumstances and experiences, but never forget them.

6. People say things happen for certain reasons, even if they don't make sense, or there isn't a clear answer.

7. Don't ever give up, no matter how low you feel, or how bad it gets.

8. You can feel emotions, and get through them.

9. Everything you feel and do is a reflection of who you are, and how you behave.

10. You can evolve, but always remember your child-like self.

11. Take some time for yourself to breathe. Always remember you are your number one priority.

12. Don't allow yourself to be taken for granted all the time. It's not worth the heartache and the energy.

13. Don't try to fit in. This society's standards are bull crap, and they won't help you in the future.

14. Being kind doesn't mean you are weak.

15. Your loved ones might say things that sound awkward, unnecessary or insensitive, but it doesn't mean they don't care.

16. See people for who they are and not what they could be.

17. You can't change those who are not willing to make changes.

18. It's okay not to always be "positive."

19. Light dims, but will always come back and shine again.

I hope these things can resonate with some of you, and can help us all in our times of agony and healing. Thank you.