The Teacher Is Always Silent During The Test

During tests the teacher no longer instructs, but lets you show case the skills that you have learned.

6290
Natalia Parkinson

Every Christian experiences times in their lives when it is difficult to discern what God is doing in their lives. During these times, despite prayer, we don’t find guidance, comfort, or help. We feel as if our prayers have failed to reach God, for He doesn’t always seem like He is giving us answers, but more so seems like He is silent.

In school, the teachers are there to equip us, and instruct us. We ask questions and they answer. But, there are moments when the teacher is silent during the test. Our teachers are silent during an exam and we are called to use our knowledge and what they taught us to answer the questions and solve the problems on our own. It is in these moments that we are given the chance to show off what we know.

God is silent so we can use what he taught us.

Even when Jesus was suffering on the cross calling out “My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:26) God was silent and Jesus felt abandoned and alone, because His human side had trouble understanding the silence, much like we do.

Jesus could have removed himself from this situation, but instead he remained obedient to our Father, and passed the test.

Hebrews 2:10 says that through His suffering Jesus was perfected. (WOW)

God wants us to be like Jesus, to become spiritually mature and perfected, but sadly that tends to happen through tests and trials.

If you experience God’s silence don’t fall prey to the like that you are a bad Christian, or that He doesn’t love you. It’s actually the opposite. He has entrusted you with silence for a greater reason. Not only is God’s silence biblical, but it is also personal. Personal? Weird, I know. But yes, personal, for it is an agent in our transformation. We tend to look to God when we are uncertain and get discouraged when we are not met right away.

One thing that I’ve learned is that in these times God is waiting for us to put aside our own needs, our need for control [which is something I struggle with], our need for answers, and more. For He wants us to fully commit to trusting Him, and His Plan. Another thing that I’ve learned is in the silence I am not alone. In fact I am in good company, always. [Even in silence God is always there]

While it is human nature to doubt, it happens to all of us, God uses his silence to help us grow into a mindset of not doubting, but trusting. Trusting in the love of the very one we call Abba, Father.

So, in the moments of silence within your life, do not fear for you are always in the hands of the one who created you.