The "Strong" One

The "Strong" One

And the "weak."

10
The "Strong" One
You Matter

Do you remember that one person you grew up with who was always so "strong"? The one that tried his/her hardest to make sure no one saw him/her as "weak"? Maybe that was you.

Maybe you were scared that something would happen and you would crack. I was one of those people.

My entire life I've been afraid to feel, afraid to cry, afraid to crack; because people like me don't crack, we shatter. We don't just cry, we become a self-hating machine that uses every insult we've been thrown to push ourselves into a pit of despair. Those names "don't bother me" and are "stupid" and "unoriginal" but these phrases are all lies that we create so that we can brush it off until no one is looking. It's time that those like me stop pretending to be strong by hiding who they are and what they feel! It's time to BECOME strong by CELEBRATING who we are and by EXAGGERATING our differences.

Though the world may be calling you "weird", "ugly", "annoying", "anorexic", "fat", "stupid", "unwanted", etc.. YOU should call yourself "intelligent", "interesting", "attractive", "amazing", "different", and above all "HAPPY"! No one is going to accept you until you are strong enough to accept yourself.