Reasons Why I Love "One Tree Hill"

Reasons Why I Love "One Tree Hill"

Cue "I Don't Want To Be" in the background.

146
Reasons Why I Love "One Tree Hill"
Twenty Something Living

Four years ago, the greatest show ever ended, and we were all heartbroken. If you don't know what show I am talking about, bless your heart. I am sorry you have not experienced the drama and excitement of "OTH." I suggest you watch it ASAP. Yes, the first season is very slow, and sometimes you want to quit, but just keep going. It gets so much better after the first season.

"One Tree Hill" has become my all-time, without a doubt, favorite show. I would move to Tree Hill in a heartbeat if I could. It is one amazing show. So here are my reasons why "One Tree Hill" will forever be great:

1. NALEY

I mean do I really have to even describe this to "OTH" fans? For those who have never watched, Naley is the relationship of Nathan, star basketball player, and Haley, the geeky, beautiful tutor. In the beginning, their relationship starts out for a different reason, but it blooms into a beautiful, passionate romance.

Nathan is totally in love with Haley and would do anything for her. (Boys, take notes.) Sometimes it seems as if the world is tearing them apart, but they always make it through the ups and downs. Their relationship shows what a real love life and marriage takes, besides being famous for singing and playing basketball.

2. The theme song

More than likely, your have heard Gavin Degraw's song "I Don't Want To Be." If you are a "OTH" fan, you know this by heart. Just the sound of this song gets you hype. It fits the opening credits perfectly and the entire show perfectly.

3. How Lucas was always saving Peyton

Lucas loves Peyton. I mean, why else would you run into a building with an active shooter? His undying love for her was magical. He never failed in saving her.

4. Mouth and his attempts with girls

Bless his heart, but Mouth was always falling in love with girls who didn't love him back (which is very relatable to guys and girls.) We all screamed with joy when Mouth finally found the one.

5. Brooke Davis' inspirational quotes

For a girl who called herself dumb, she sure knew a lot about life. She has a very powerful quote for almost every situation in life. Some are funny, serious, compassionate, or loving. No wonder she was student body president, her words inspire many.

6. Skills and his humor

Skills was always there to add the humor to any situation. His comic relief came at just the right time. Skills is the man!

7. Jamie Scott and his adorableness

Wow. Cutest kid ever. He was wise beyond his years. He made the world a better place to live in with his innocence.

8. The school shooting scene

This episode was a heart-wrenching one, because it was so real. It showed how people can be led to the point of wanting to be known, even if it is for a shooting during school. It showed how scared the shooter was and how so many things added up to him being afraid of people. It showed what happened when people think they are invisible. It also showed the audience how kindness can go a long way, if only you try.

9. B. Davis and P. Sawyer's friendship.

Their friendship was one that endured many trials and tribulations, but it always came back stronger. It made us realize that friendship doesn't come easy, you have to work at it. There is nothing like knowing you have a friend who is always there for you, even when you are not talking to each other.

10. Karen's parenting

She didn't always make the right choices, but she showed that you can have a child when you are young and by yourself and be alright. You might have many people walk away from you, but that doesn't matter as you watch your child reach his dreams. She showed us how tough moms are, especially single moms.

11. Keith's role in Lucas' life

Keith was Lucas' father. There is no point in arguing that. He raised him to be a smart, loving man. Keith proved you do not have to be related by blood to be a father, it is the time and effort you put into it.

12. Whitey Durham

Easily one of my favorite characters on the show. His love of basketball and making a difference in someone's life was unforgettable. He dedicated his life to his true loves: basketball and Camilla.

13. The weddings!

Every single Tree Hill wedding was unique, but beautiful. From the vows to the dress, there is no way I wouldn't be happy at a wedding in Tree Hill.

14. Tree Hill

Tree Hill showed how much community is involved in a small town. When something happened, there was always someone there to help. No matter how much they hated their small town, the characters knew there was only one Tree Hill, and it was their home.

"One Tree Hill" will forever be my show. It took real life and created a hit. I learned, I laughed, I cried, and I dreamed all while watching (and re-watching) this show. It will live on forever in any "OTH" fan's heart.