Where Was "One Tree Hill" Filmed

23 Wilmington Locations All 'One Tree Hill' Fans Must Visit

The biggest scenes in the biggest show.

170154
A Touch Of Teal

It's the oldest story in the world: one day a new tv show comes on and you fall in love with each character and their story. In 2003, the show "One Tree Hill" was born and stole the hearts of fans of many ages. Torn between the sweet, underdog Lucas and tough, popular boy Nathan, people became hooked through the family and relationship drama the characters went through.

To this day new fans arise since "One Tree Hill" is thankfully on Netflix. "One Tree Hill" was filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina, which is a small town with a beautiful historic district.

SEE MORE: I'm Begging You, If You're Going To Watch One TV Show, Please Watch 'One Tree Hill'

As a surprise trip, I visited Wilmington and got to see twenty-three "One Tree Hill" locations that were used to film the TV show. Here are the locations with addresses so all you other fans can enjoy Wilmington and get to see the locations that set some of the biggest scenes in "One Tree Hill."

1. Lucas Scott and Karen Roe's House - 1829 Wrightsville Ave. Wilmington, NC

This house is featured even after Lucas leaves the show; it is amazing to see. The porch where Lucas and Karen shared many talks. Featured in the picture is the door that led to Lucas' room. The door has been brown, red for Brooke, and black after Lucas and Brooke broke up.

2. Peyton Sawyer's House - 1901 Chesnut St. Wilmington, NC

If you think seeing Lucas' house was amazing, see Peyton's! The window where her fake, stalker brother "Derek" fell out and disappeared. Of course, be courteous of the family that now lives there. As soon as we arrived, the blinds in Peyton's room were shut so we quickly took our pictures and moved on right across the street!

3. Haley James' House - 1811 Chesnut St. Wilmington, NC

You read that right! Peyton and Haley's houses are on corners right next to each other! Haley's house isn't shown too many times but we can't forget the famous "Naley" kissing scenes that take place right in front. Their famous kiss in the rain is always a favorite scene from Haley's house.

4. Brooke Davis' House - 2314 Tattersalls Dr. Wilmington, NC

Seeing Brooke's house made me as happy as when I see my waiter bringing my food to the table or cuddling a cute puppy. Brooke is a favorite of mine and, let me tell you, her house is even better in person. You can't go up close because the owners have a sign requesting people to please stay on the sidewalk. The door is still red in honor of "the girl behind the red door"!

5. Dan and Deb Scott's House - 1621Country Club Rd. Yadkinville, NC

Seeing this house, also a commonly shown house, was fascinating. It's a little out of the way but worth the drive! The house looks the same and actually has a basketball hoop in the back driveway. Seeing the details of the house and the yard (from street view of course) just proved this was the perfect house for Dan Scott.

6. Nathan and Haley's House - 2709 Middle Sound Loop Rd. Wilmington, NC

I had to put three pictures for this house because, wow! It is a gorgeous house from what we could see. Major shout out to my mom and sister for getting some pictures of the backyard where they played football in one episode. Also, a picture of the pool where Jamie almost drowns and Nanny Carrie took some swims, *eye roll*.

7. Clay and Quinn's Beach House - 650 New River Inlet Rd, N. Topsail Beach, NC

We actually never made it here but would 100% go if I ever go back to Wilmington. It's a good drive away from most of the spots which are in Wilmington, NC. The beach house is featured a lot in the last seasons of One Tree Hill, especially the episode where Katie and Quinn run around chasing each other after Katie had shot Clay and Quinn a while back.

8. Nathan and Haley's Apartment - 2395 Birchwood Ave. Wilmington, NC

My group and I never actually stopped to look and check the apartment out but I can assume we drove past it multiple times without realizing. If looking for the little moments and places, Nathan and Haley's apartment is a great place to drive by and check out. We recall their newlywed days living there and then Brooke also living there while Haley was on tour.

9. Keith's Auto Shop - 19 Covil Ave. Wilmington, NC

A little awkward pulling up here because of course, the workers think you need something with your car fixed. Nope, just checking out where Peyton caught Lucas first looking at her artwork after he had fixed her car with the help of Keith. Later Lucas brings Jamie to the shop and teaches him how to fix cars, so sweet.

10. Leyton Tow Spot- Plantation Road, Winnabow, NC

Let me warn you, this is the toughest place to find! It isn't actually on Plantation Road I don't think but put that in your GPS and you just have to drive around a little bit. There was actually an alligator which was pretty cool to see. The areas around it are also very pretty so enjoy driving around some!

11. Keith and Lucas' Crash Intersection - 3rd St. and Princess

Although this is not monumental like each person's house, while walking the streets of Wilmington, NC it is awe-inspiring to pass through an intersection and see a landmark from "One Tree Hill". In Season One, Episode Thirteen Keith and Lucas are driving to pick up Karen from the airport where she flew in from Italy. On the way to the airport, Keith and Lucas were in a car accident which left Lucas critical. A surprising hero, Dan Scott, rushed Lucas and Keith to the hospital.

12. Karen's Cafe - The corner of Grace Street and Front Street

When you ask locals which building on the two corners of Grace and Front was Karen's Cafe, they will tell you it is the cute coffee shop. Sadly they are wrong if they tell you that. It is the shop on the right if standing across the street looking at the two. All that's missing is the red awnings over the windows.

The coffee shop was known as Tree Hill Cafe and Baker Men. Walk around in the store though and you'll see the high ceiling which made it possible for them to film Karen's Cafe in there. Sadly, Lucas and Haley's rooftop scenes were filmed on a different roof.

13. The Record Store - 8 Market Street

Walking up to this building will give "One Tree Hill" fans goosebumps, at least I know it gave me some! From outside the Black Cat Shoppe looks just the same as it did while being featured as the record store on "One Tree Hill."

As I walked in I thought about how Peyton walked in there many times looking for hope, an answer, just something to help her through whatever was going on. The Record Store is also where we met the loathed, Chris Keller.

14. TRIC - 1121 South Front Street

When you get to TRIC you have to go around back to see the steps where people lined up to see artists from Haley James to Gavin DeGraw perform. Bring a Sharpie so you can sign your name, state, date, or your favorite quote from "One Tree Hill." The walls and steps are covered in other names and quotes from different fans who have visited.

15. Tree Hill High - 610 North Front Street

The exterior of Cape Fear Community College is famous for being shown as the outside of Tree Hill High. We saw the local community college in episodes like the school shooting episode where Lucas tackles Nathan as he attempts to run into the school looking for Haley. Walking where such great scenes from the high school seasons happened is amazing.

16. Sam's Favorite Dinner - Dixie Grill

Another not very interesting or famous "One Tree Hill" stop but a nice place to enjoy is the Dixie Grill. While looking for places to eat in Wilmington this is a must! The Dixie Grill has great reviews AND was featured on "One Tree Hill". The Dixie Grill is the diner that Sam, Brooke's foster child, went to hang out many times.

17. River Court - U.S.S. Carolina

Across the river is the U.S.S. Carolina where a giant battleship is stationed. You can tour the ship, which I highly recommend if you find some free time. Between the U.S.S. Carolina's parking lot and the river's edge, is the River Court.

It does not have a basketball court, only a shelter with a few picnic tables. Standing there will still give fans the feeling they are searching for. Standing at the place Lucas beat Nathan at in the first episode and many more important moments happened.

18. Riverwalk/ Cracker Jack Table

Enjoy a walk down the Riverwalk with a beautiful view while thinking about scenes like the burning boat ceremonies and the first Naley tutoring scene. No need to worry about knowing which table was used to film the scene Nathan gave Haley a bracelet from his Cracker Jack box.

Other fans who have previously visited found the exact table and have decorated it with quotes, specifically from that scene or famous Haley quotes. With that being said keep a Sharpie with you at all times!

19. Nathan's Window - 23 North Front Street

This is also not a big stop unlike the houses but while walking the streets of Wilmington, it is interesting to check out the little places that caused big impacts. This window is the window Nathan was throw out of after signing with the Seattle Sonics. This is the reason Nathan ends up in a wheelchair and struggles to walk and play basketball at the beginning of the time jump in season five.

20. Church - 401 Grace Street

This is the church where Keith and Jules, then Lucas and Lindsey were both supposed to be married in. Although those two weddings didn't happen, Brooke and Julian did get married in this church. I added this just because I thought the church was beautiful and would be spectacular to check out.

21. Bluepost Billiards

This is a bar which was featured a couple of times on "One Tree Hill". The first time the Bluepost Billiards was filmed in was Lucas and Brooke's first date. If of age, stop for a drink and reminisce on Lucas and Brooke playing pool there and using their fake I.D.s.

22. Raven's Game Gym - 2700 North College Road

This is the gym used for the Ravens home games, another gym was used for the away games. My group did not make it to see the gym, however, I'm sure it's unbelievable to stand in the gym where Lucas realized Peyton was the one or where Nathan made the winning shot without looking.

23. THE Bridge- 6th Street Bridge on North Street and Hanover Street

"I don't want to be anything other than me" -Gavin DeGraw; This is the bridge opening bridge where Lucas dribbled a basketball across in the opening credits. It is another time you will want to have a Sharpie on you.

Walking on the bridge is incredible, not just because it is in the opening scene. The bridge is covered in quotes with people's name, state, and/or date. Sophia Bush who played Brooke Davis signed the bridge while visiting Wilmington.

Seeing everyone's favorite quote or message about how "One Tree Hill" affected them is marvelous. TV shows impact a lot of people and it's known that "One Tree Hill" was a great show but I personally didn't realize it until I saw this bridge. The bridge is truly a piece of artwork.

Thank you for your art Mark Schwan, it's what got me and many others here. I hope all the avid "One Tree Hill" fans make it down to Wilmington, North Carolina sometime because it is definitely worth the trip.

Some people have music like Haley, others have art like Peyton. Many people write like Lucas or go to a court like Nathan when they need to work things out or find comfort in a difficult time. Many fans found "One Tree Hill" to be their comfort, through the nine seasons we bonded with the fictional characters of Tree Hill.

If you can make it to Wilmington, definitely keep these twenty-three places in mind. Don't say I never gave you anything!

From Your Site Articles