The Puzzle Pieces of Roommates | The Odyssey Online

The Puzzle Pieces of Roommates

Each of us are different in our own way.

36
The Puzzle Pieces of Roommates
Facebook

I have been fortunate in my college career to find great friends and roommates. I have heard horror stories about bad roommates and drama, but I lucked out. The four girls that I live with are each unique in their own ways and we all balance each other.

Roommate one is a little bit on the quieter side. But don’t let that fool you; she has a biting sense of humor. She will say quick, witty comments out of nowhere that make anybody laugh. She is also a really great friend. All my roommates are, but there have been numerous situations where this roommate steps in and helps out in whatever ways possible.

Roommate two is honest. She tells it like it is and I appreciate that. She is always down for spontaneous adventures, too. She has a great outlook on life and whenever I am worried or stressed she brings me back to reality. We sometimes have nightly chats where we just talk about life. She is a great listener and I love spending time with her.

Roommate three is loud. She has a zest for life unparalleled to anyone else I’ve ever met. She is my go-to when I want to have a good time. Whenever I’m being “lame,” you can bet this friend will do everything in her power to try and make me enjoy myself. Not only is she fun, she is also dear. If I am ever down, she gives me great advice.

Last but certainly not least is roommate four. She is sweet. She has this caring, mother-like instinct… warm and approachable. She cares so deeply about everyone and is such a sweetheart. Not only that, but she is always up for a good time. I love our road trips, your great taste in music and your willingness to be weird with me.

The thing about these four girls is that like a puzzle, we fit together perfectly. Each piece, however, is completely different in its own way. All our different personalities “fit” together and form the bond we share. My roommates are incredible people, and even more incredible friends. I do not know how I got so lucky to find them, but I’m sure glad I did.