Look, I know it's summer and the last thing on your mind is trying to stick to a diet and exercise plan. What better time though? You don't have to worry about classes, you actually have some free time. Here is my plan, maybe it can be yours.
1. Stay away from red meats (that includes beef, pork, and deer) because the extra fat in the meat is not good for you.
2. Stick to turkey, fish, and chicken. It doesn't sound appetizing, but replace everything that you use ground beef in with ground turkey. You won't even miss the beef, I promise.
3. Stay away from white breads and pastas, go to whole wheat instead. It's so much healthier.
4. Eat your veggies and fruits. Preferably fresh, but the frozen ones aren't bad for you either.
5. Eat smaller portions. Read the back of the box or bag (I know, annoying) and use the portions they suggest instead of just making your own. It will make such a difference.
6. Don't snack as much, but if you do make it healthy!
7. Have a sweet tooth? Eat dark chocolate instead, it's so much healthier and has antioxidants for you!
8. Don't be obsessed with counting calories, it could really take a toll and you will start to lose weight in an unhealthy way.
Now onto the fitness.
1. Make it fun! You don't have to run and lift weights. There are plenty of other ways to get fit. You can do Zumba (dancing), kayaking, an evening walk with friends, walk your dog, etc. No gym is needed.
2. If you like the gym, though, go ahead and go! Don't have time during the day? There are plenty of 24 hour gyms out there.
3. Only have 30 minutes after or before work? Use it! You can do your own workout routine or you can watch a video. Heck, you can even use a Pinterest workout.
4. Do yoga! I know, it sounds dumb but it is seriously so relaxing and for some people, the fat melts off. Go to a class, or buy your own mat and do it at home.
5. Work every muscle, not just legs and abs. Get your butt, biceps, triceps, thighs, calves. There are workouts out there for everything.
6. Don't even worry about losing weight, worry about getting healthy. So many people are obsessed with the thought of trying to lose their belly fat and forget that being healthy is what to aim for.
7. If you are worried about weight, remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you could be gaining muscle!
8. Only weigh yourself once a week. Don't be obsessed with doing it everyday because you won't see the progress in chunks. If you do it once a week, you will see the three pound difference!
9. Stay inspired!
Now that you have an idea of what I will be doing, maybe it will help you! Stay healthy, friends.