The People I Am Grateful For

The People I Am Grateful For

I know I would not be the person I am today without these people.
318

Recently I started thinking about all the people I have to be grateful for. I have a lot of them and I know I would not be in the position I am at today without their love and support. It's due time that I give them the respect and acknowledgment that they deserve.

I am very grateful for my family. Without them, I doubt I would be the person I am today. My mom is the strongest woman I know. She's gotten me through a lot of tough times, she's been there for me whenever I needed her, and she's been my rock through every difficult thing I have ever had to face. Even when I was the biggest brat in all of history, she was still there. I know that's a mother's job, to take care of her kids, but my mom always seemed to go above and beyond for me. I am very proud to be her daughter. Words could never describe how proud I am of her and how much I love her. She is the greatest woman I have ever met and I will forever be grateful for all the things she's done for me.

My mom is the greatest woman alive, but my dad is the greatest man alive. He works harder than any other person. We didn't always get along and I regret so much of how I acted when I was younger. I regret never telling him that everything he does for me means so much to me. He works hard all day long and when he comes home, no matter how exhausted, he still tries to talk to us. My dad stepped up to take care of me when no other man would. He is the best father anyone could ask for.

Everything both of my parents have sacrificed for my sisters, brother, and I is truly incredible. My parents are completely selfless, and I couldn't be more proud to call myself their daughter.

My sisters and I have fought many times throughout the years, but it's mostly just me and my younger sister who fight. She may not believe this, but I am so proud of the young woman she is becoming. She is strong and beautiful and I know she will do great things in her future. I am so grateful that I got to grow up with someone so annoying, rude, and amazing all at the same time.

My older sister and I have grown much closer over these past years. I am so thankful that we were able to mend that broken bridge between us. I am so grateful that she allows me to be apart of her kids' lives. I'm incredibly grateful to have such an amazing older sister who is willing to listen to me and give me advice when I need it. I love both of my sisters so much and I will forever be grateful that I got stuck with them.

When we were younger, my brother and I got along well enough. We fought as much as a brother and sister were supposed to. I can't say that we are any closer today than we were years ago, but I'm still grateful to have such an annoying brother like him.

I am grateful for my friends. Without my friends, I don't think I would have the fond memories that I have now. Without them, I would not have the courage that I have today to be myself. Without my friends, I wouldn't be me. I am so grateful for all the crazy ideas we have and all of the late night talks. Without all the fun times we ha and will have together, I would not be as daring as I am today. My friends changed me in ways that I cannot explain. Because of them, I am much more outgoing and free. Because of my friends, I am me.

I am grateful for so many things, but these few people needed to be recognized for how important they are to me. While I didn't name names, I hope that everyone knows who I'm talking about. I am grateful for everyone who has influenced me to be a better person and I hope that some of you take some time after reading this and acknowledge all the people you are grateful for.