To The One Who Means The Most: III

To The One Who Means The Most: III

31
To The One Who Means The Most: III
@chparrish Instagram

I try to veer away from writing articles about you, from bombarding everyone with all this sap. But when I can’t find inspiration elsewhere, I know that I’ll be able to find it from you. I mean, you're my life. My rock, my anchor, my everything. I can't help it.

This semester's been a rough one so far, for me and you both. We have such opposing schedules and priorities: it's a lot to handle, and it sucks. It's gotten the best of us, causing some of our longest and most painful disputes. Our love for one another is incredible, but it becomes so stressful once we have our own separate issues to worry about.

I think that stress is what makes our relationship so beautiful, though. Love can get incredibly hard at times, but we pull through every one of those times stronger than ever. You never give up on me, nor do I ever give up on you. I never will, either. We made it this far, and you're my favorite person, and I'm so incredibly lucky to have someone who sticks by my side like glue. Why would I ever want to give that up?

You're the best friend I've ever had, the best companion I've ever had. You're the one person who actually wants to see me every day, and shows that. The only one who deals with my quirks and my mental health issues and my rants about cute animals; the only one who lets me cry in their arms about all the sad things happening around the globe, as well as the cute puppies and kittens I stalk on Instagram.

You're the only one for me, and I take that for granted sometimes. It's easy to forget to appreciate the "little things," and I'm definitely one who has to pay more attention to them. You deserve way better, and yet you're still with me anyway, which is so incredible. I got so lucky to meet the love of my life at such a young age, and be able to grow with you for this long.

I love being able to brag about that -- to say that I've spent nearly 6 years with you, and that we aren't one of those on-and-off couples that break up for a few days here and there. We've been in this relationship with the idea of staying together for the long haul ever since we got together.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. I just know that I love you so dearly and that you're the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I didn't really know what to write for this week, and so I thought I'd write more about how great you are and how much I care about you, despite how gross this semester has been to us. I love you so much.