7 Reasons The Olympics Are The Best

7 Reasons The Olympics Are The Best

The greatest world game to ever grace the planet.
269

The Olympics come around every two years, or every four, depending on which sports you like the best. And the Olympics inspire so many feelings inside us; the people watching at home and the people actually competing. I love laying on my couch watching my team compete in the events I love. Sitting with my friends and family, wearing red, white, and blue, and yelling at the TV screen until our throats are sore, is what the Olympics are all about. Here are seven very good reasons why the Olympics are the best.

1. The Olympics Create Unity.

Everyone respects other countries, and everyone whats the athletes to do their best. It does not matter if your country wins or loses, because you are watching the very best of the best in the whole world compete for three spots. It creates unity in people all over the world, because everyone is in awe of the athletes spectacular abilities.

2. Team Spirit.

Everyone is patriotic during the Olympics, no matter where you are. Every country has pride in the top athletes they have picked to go represent their country. No one drags on their country, because they want their country to succeed.

3. Dreams are Achieved.

The athletes picked to go to the Olympics work their entire lives to be the very best. They have had a dream since they were 3 that all they wanted to do is be an Olympian. Watching these athletes make it past their trails to compete in the Olympics is amazing. We are literally watching someone's dreams be achieved on TV.

4. Everyone is a Good Sport.

Whether your country's athletes win or lose, everyone is a good sport. The first place winner always congratulates the second and third place winner, and vise versa. Everyone competing knows how much hard work and effort goes into making it to the Olympics. And just competing with athletes who are so good at what they do gives everyone competing a respect for those they have been pt up against.

5. A Newfound Respect for Other Sports.

Everyone wants their country to be the best, so other sports that people don't recognize because they aren't aware of them suddenly becomes an interest to people. To little kids, watching the Olympics opens their eyes to the possibilities of so many different kinds of sports and dreams that come along with them.

6. The Whole Entire World Competes.

Honestly, what is cooler than having the whole world compete in a bunch games?

7. IT'S THE OLYMPICS!

That's it. It's the Olympics for Pete's sake, that's why it's the best.

So go and sit on your couch, and watch the amazingness unfold before your eyes.