JAG's President LaShad Jackson Is Gem Dropping Free Game For Inspiring Entrepreneurs

Get to know the founder and president of this multifaceted company and learn about the successful outreach JAG creates within the community.

726
Tony Vale

What’s the role and responsibility of a private holdings company that serves the community through the solid mission to own, manage, partner and restructure businesses throughout the U.S?

LaShad Jackson can bring the answers to your attention. He’s the founder and president of the Houston-based Jackson Administration Group (JAG). JAG provides services such as investment management, organization consulting, and mergers and acquisitions. Everybody should note that quality service comes in the form of commitment. Not just the intent, but the sheer act is key to creating and effectively running a business and LaShad Jackson knows how to deliver exactly that. There’s great importance placed on commitment.

If you’ve ever envisioned yourself as your own boss one day, you’re not alone -- I’ve envisioned it for as far back as I can remember -- and maybe you can use some inspiration.

You’ve got a man with an entrepreneurial spirit that builds upon his company’s outreach and influence each day. So, if you’d like to delve into the realm of entrepreneurship, today’s the day to act upon it by learning from the front-runner of JAG. I had a chance to ask him about his experience in being his own boss and he dropped some great gems.

What inspired you to start the company?

“I was inspired by a team of “who”, not a “what” per-say. I had a few mentors along the way of adulthood. A lot of the men and women that took the time out to groom me were respected professionals in their fields. Take those mentorships and mix them with a little bit of trial and error and you have yourself the makings of the entrepreneurial spirit inside of me.”

What’s a typical workday like for you?

“My typical work day starts off with the usual calendar check, followed by email responses. It’s important that I check my email and respond to everyone within 48 hours.”

What are some of the pros and cons of running a business?

“Running a business is definitely a challenge. Not only am I the President and Founder of The Jackson Administration Group, I’m also responsible for the commitments and investments that we’ve made to our clients and partners. One of the cons of running your own business is startup cost. These costs can easily intimidate anyone looking to work for themselves.

I’ve been there before, and I let it kill my ambition for almost seven years. Fear sets in and you continuously overthink every action you make. I did this (overthinking) so much, it literally stopped my productivity in its track. With failure comes a lesson learned, and opportunities to grow.

This brings me to the PROS of running your own business! Once you’ve refused to give up, and start to see the fruits of your labor, almost nothing feels better. The freedom you have to create, not only opportunities for yourself, but for others is the best feeling.”

Inspiration can come in many forms. Inspiration can be fuel, if you decide to let it take on that function. You can actualize a dream, act upon that dream -- kudos if you can monetize what you love to do -- learn from experience, and continue building upon the ways in which you handle clients, carry on your day-to-day operations, creating an empire, always building and serving your community.

LaShad does so currently through the following investment venture:

“The Jackson Administration Group’s primary focus is on our flagship partnerships with Sirrah. Sirrah is an oral care company that’s shaping up to disrupt the market. The company was to debut almost a year ago, but unfortunately we had to rebuild due to Harvey.

I can’t go into much specifics, but I can confirm the first formula to debut is a vegan based formula and fluoride free. This is exciting for us because we’ve worked hand and hand with devoted vegans to perfect the formula and taste. The objective is to build a strong foundation and great relationship with not only our partners, but the local communities.

The team at Sirrah is dedicated to giving back creating that education and awareness around natural alternatives such as toothpaste and mouthwash. My expectation, and I’m sure I can speak for the rest of my colleagues, is to be a household name. I would really like to see Sirrah inside retailers across the world. And I’m sure it will be, starting right here in Houston, Texas.”