The Infamous Resting "B" Face Syndrome

The Infamous Resting "B" Face Syndrome

Power to all you girls out there suffering from RBF.

127
The Infamous Resting "B" Face Syndrome

There are few among us who suffer from a syndrome known as "Resting 'B' Face" or RBF. This syndrome can be described as when a person naturally looks mean when their face is expressionless, without meaning to. If you personally suffer from this syndrome, you know the pros and cons that come with it, but for those of you who don't, let this serve as an insightful message because having RBF isn't all that fun.

1. People avoid talking to you.

Because of your mean expression, people don't find you very approachable, which usually leaves you feeling pretty lonely at large gatherings. You almost have to remind yourself every couple of minutes to smile.

2. People have misconceptions about you.

You meet someone new and start to get close to them. Over time, they tell you they were afraid to speak to you at first because of your RBF Syndrome. You laugh it off, but think to yourself, "Is it really that bad?"

3. Your friends have to constantly defend you.

It no longer comes as news to you when your friend calls/texts you to tell you that so and so thinks you're mean or unfriendly because of your expressionless face. They reassure you that they defended you in saying, "No, don't worry. That's just how her face always looks."

4. People are always unsure of how you feel.

You could be having the best day of your life and people will still ask you if you're having a bad day. Even your own mother will ask you, "Are you in a bad mood?" After everyone's interrogation, you are irritated and your RBF truly begins to match alongside your emotions.

5. People never know when you're joking or being serious.

Being sarcastic comes easily to me, but it becomes an issue when people don't know whether or not to take you seriously because of your expressionless face. At least you know that no matter how big or small, you can successfully prank someone without laughing, smiling, smirking, basically showing any emotion whatsoever halfway though the process.

6. If you smile people think it's the end of the world.

You're out and about having a fabulous day and someone catches you smiling and they say, "Wow. You have a nice smile. You should smile more often." Um, okay? Who knew it was such a crime to reserve your smiles for special occasions. Don't they know smiling gives you wrinkles?

So yes, I've had my own personal share of RBF Syndrome scenarios, but I'm here to tell you that you're not alone. In fact, more and more people are diagnosed every day. Even the First Lady can't control her RBF. Nonetheless, be proud of your killer, emotionless, wrinkle-free face and next time someone asks you if you're mad just be upfront and say, "No, I have a little something called RBF."